cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking forever to get on GTA 5 on the Xbox 360!

stef1989
Grafter

Taking forever to get on GTA 5 on the Xbox 360!

The last month or so i can almost never get on GTA 5 online without it saying it's 'timed out', can't connect etc. I do get on eventually but when i'm in games it's like hardly anyone can connect to me.
I've reset the modems but to no avail. I've never had this problem with any other broadband provider so not sure what's going on?
2 REPLIES 2
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Taking forever to get on GTA 5 on the Xbox 360!

Well, if it's not the connection (bearing in mind GTA Online needs at least 3Mbps down and 0.5Mbps up), then it's either the console or the game servers, and as the game servers are fine, it's probably your console:
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200525767-GTA-Online-Connection-Troubleshooting
The other option is to upgrade to a Playstation... Grin
Mathias
Grafter

Re: Taking forever to get on GTA 5 on the Xbox 360!

If the servers are indeed fine, i would suggest that it's probably not the console that is to blame, but if you have a fast and strong connection, then it's likely to be the router not being setup appropriately.
First ask for a faults check to be performed on your connection to rule that out and then make sure that your router is setup appropriately for gaming. What you need to do will differ by router (and the default plusnet router can be terrible for gaming), but there are plenty of topics on the forum to help you out in that respect.
I very much doubt the console itself is at fault.