Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n port forwarding and Warframe

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

TG582n port forwarding and Warframe

Anyone managed to get this working for co-op?  I have tried a number of the port ranges the game uses for its UDP ports but it still reports it is stuck behind strict NAT.  Note I refuse to use unpnp and can't put my gaming pc into DMZ as its firewall is not up to it..
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Re: TG582n port forwarding and Warframe

Still can't fix strict nat without putting my gaming pc in to DMZ where it works perfectly.
All game exe's added to my firewall
All ports mapped to my gaming pcs static IP address on my lan
No other router to test with other than another TG582n tester I was sent, really need another router brand to see if its just a [Censored] firewall on this router.   Unless there is beta firmware with a revised firewall for the ADSL TG582n.
Current firmware in use 8.4.4.J
edit: it worked until I restarted the router after trying a few different settings

• I set Game mode with the ports forwarded and it worked
  • Disabled the port forwarding to try and trigger the strict nat notice in game and it still worked
  • Disabled Game mode and again it still worked
  • Logged off/on my pc, it still worked
  • Rebooted my pc and it still worked
  • did a clean restart of the router and it finally failed
  • tried to recreate it and meh failed

So now wondering if its not saving its settings properly if not using IE, I had been using waterfox to make the changes, so more testing
edit mark 2, same deal with IE couldn't recreate it working
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Make sure you give it 5mins before restarting?  The router takes a bit of time to save out settings?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gus
Aspiring Pro

That's the problem I did.  I didn't reboot the router until I had carried out the settings changes over the space of about 20 minutes.  So the only time it failed to work was after the router reboot, so the firewall on this router isn't worth bothering with.  I am looking for a cheap router to test with but my gas and electric is due so that won't happen soon.
It is the first time since I have been online gaming, that I have had a router that a game fails to work once its ports have been set with its firewall.