Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swtor now Free to play to 50

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Swtor now Free to play to 50

No idea who posted it but they deleted the thread or the forum bugged.
So it is now F2P with some restrictions, Fast travel hindered/less auction slots etc.  So after reading about it and I have been wanting to try it since it launched I got the installer to find its a Big F2P game, installer wants 25.1 gig Free space.
Thats 2 nights worth of downloading after 12am to get it as I can just about manage 15 gig in one night.  Might be quicker/cheaper to find a cheap DVD and install it from that so less of a download, so beware any who have kids if your monthly cap suddenly goes.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
1 REPLY 1
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Swtor now Free to play to 50

Minor issue to get it to work, you might need to email accounts support to get it working, the F2P flag isn't being automatically set in all cases, so the launcher will complain of no registered subscription until fixed.
First impressions, meh but its free.  Having played Eve/Anarchy online/lotro/EQ2 its going a few annoying features.
Hotbars, I want what I set to be what is used, not to change a stance and the game changes them for me.  Setup a smuggler hotbar with take cover on 1 and when in cover the unassigned keys change and at times my main attacks/defence keys, not nice when expecting a emergency skill to fire and you do an attack.
Graphically it shows that they spent too much time/money on voice actors/cut scenes and not enough on the graphics, its Quake 3 shiny plastic textures, for a year old MMO not great.
So far I've tried a Smuggler to 10 and like it and a Jedi to 5.  Not liking the Jedi, guess it gets better with ranged attacks at higher levels but you have none from get go, its all melee, really needs a low level push in the early levels.
Difficulty wise its very easy unless its flagged as group content so far.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November