cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strict NAT problems - Technicolor 582N

deadlydiego

Strict NAT problems - Technicolor 582N

Im having issues keeping my NAT from strict and moderate on my Xbox One and everything is working apart from multiplayer activities. I had a look at doing a DMZ last night and tried it to no success. Is there any advice on how I can get around this so my NAT is open.
I have also heard that having other wifi on at the same time (Laptop, Iphone) can also cause an effect on this, but I never had any NAT problems using the Xbox 360.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Marc
19 REPLIES 19
Mathias
Grafter

Re: Strict NAT problems - Technicolor 582N

Browsing the forum generally helps. theres a post a few down from yours with a solution:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122489.0.html
deadlydiego

I presume its the same format to complete those commands on any router or are they router specific? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=123396.0;num_replies=1
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Marc,
Which router are you using?
deadlydiego

The one that is in the title of the thread. The Technicolor 582N and also using the BT Open Reach equipment as well, not sure what that is??? Possibly a modem
dick:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, please try the instructions on the Technicolor Router, it should do the trick.
Let us know if not and we'll try a few different things with you.
Mathias
Grafter

Chris, i thought the newer routers were sent out with these telnet commands already applied, is this right?
Diego, whilst i don't own that particular router, putting the xbox in a dmz usually produces an open NAT.
I think it should be under something like "assign a public ip address", put the ip address of the console there. There's a guide for the thomson router somewhere in this section and it could be similar for the technicolour.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We don't generally have problems with the 582n's with regards to NAT being Strict/Moderate.
That's why I've requested deadlydiego to get back to me if the problem continues.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Chris Pettitt the 582n firewall doesn't work unless you add the ports via telnet as described in the links shown.  Doing it via the interface doesn't work, simply if the pre set firewall settings do not have the game in question as an option, then any custom port forwards we add do not work.
Now a spanner in the works for pc gamers, after adding them via telnet a game can report strictnat is back on.  Then you might need to reboot the pc affected and or the router as well, usually just rebooting the pc fixes it so guessing a windows[win7 64bit] problem
If you want to see it in action, try Warframe, without doing it via telnet or using dmz it is not possible to open the ports manually via the web interface
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
deadlydiego

I have now overcome the strict NAT and often have an open NAT, but still I fail to be able to connect regularly to online multiplayer on FIFA 14. It always seems to connect as if to let the other player join and it never seems to occur.
I noticed late last night that my settings had now changed to say that it was hiding behind a firewall or not connected, which is possible this has changed due to the weather last night, but my connection issues still seem to keep arising.
IvanC86
Grafter

I have the NAT STRICT issue on COD ghosts on my ps4, I have no idea how to sort this and its a right pain in the arse!
Any help would be appreciated, my router is the technicolor 582N aswell
Thanks
Mathias
Grafter

Sankara

Quote from: Chris
We don't generally have problems with the 582n's with regards to NAT being Strict/Moderate.
That's why I've requested deadlydiego to get back to me if the problem continues.

Hi Chris I have the 582n and the strict nat type also, ive just up grade to fibre optic, i never had the problem before, Is there any way you could help me please, it would be appreciated..
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sankara

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply, yes Ive just tried the solution suggested in the link, I went through the process a number of times but to no avail, Im certain that I followed the instuctions to the letter but...
Down to my last few clumps of hair here :]
dick:quote