cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still strict nat

boatman1961
Dabbler

Still strict nat

Ok let's start again been with plusnet for a while now and still geting strict on cod ghosts. Been in the Router more-times then I care to remember opening ports.turn this on turn that off putting my IP address in here and their got open nat ones but lost nat on the test but after two days it went back to strict.been with talk talk sky and bt and never had strict nat . What else can I do are your routers up to the job or is it broke.just got desterny and that's strict to.should I try the bt router or can anyone think of something else I'm not putting up with this for 18 months  Angry thank you for listening
4 REPLIES 4
ghos7em1
Grafter

Re: Still strict nat

log into router.find ur device tick always use same ip then put that ip in dmz.then on your xbox use auto settings  Wink
AndyH
Grafter

I would look to buy a different router.
Setting a device behind your network as DMZ is a security risk and not really recommended (even though it might resolve the issue).
Mathias
Grafter

See some of the other recent threads about gaming issues. Popping up more and more that the PN router is awful for gaming. Save yourself the hassle and buy a decent one (ASUS seems to be a popular choice) and put a hammer through the PN one.
ghos7em1
Grafter

its safe to put a console in dmz,been gaming 10 years and never heard of 1 being hacked