cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam game activation problem

Bodman

Steam game activation problem

Yesterday I pre-ordered "Legend of Grimlock" from their web site and tried to activate the Steam key they gave me but it keeps coming up saying the game can't be activated in my region.
This coincides with something I've noticed recently where the game prices in Steam are now in dollars instead of pounds, something that's happened in the last week or so.
Has anybody ever seen this before and have a solution for it ? I've tried changing the regions mentioned in the Steam settings but none of this makes a difference.
I also did a whois on my current IP address and it resolves to the GB region and Plusnet.

Bodman
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Steam game activation problem

You are on a 37.xxx.xxx.xxx IP which may not yet be recognised as a UK IP address ( it's in hand with Plusnet).
You could try disconnecting and reconnecting your PPP session to get a different IP.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Bodman

Re: Steam game activation problem

Thanks Strat, that did the trick. I got an IP that starts with 5 and Steam has let me activate that pre-order code ready for the game release tomorrow  Grin

Bodman