cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam free weekend is War of the Roses

Blim
Grafter

Steam free weekend is War of the Roses

I'm enjoying this game. Its a nice change from shooting games.
12 REPLIES 12
Blim
Grafter

Re: Steam free weekend is War of the Roses

I bought this game in the end for £3.75 on sale from 14.99
Razer
Grafter

Never heard of the game, but your postings made me go and have a look on YouTube for some gameplay videos. Looks like fun, albeit the movement and POV seems very stiff and restricted, so in some sense it looks like a really old game.
Blim
Grafter

Its dx10 or 11 I think. But its so cheap while on steam sale seem a waste not to buy it. Plus the devs are going to add more content for free soon.
This is what he told me
Thank you for the kind words and support. We've worked very hard on our game and will continue to work hard. In fact, about three weeks from now we'll release War of the Roses: Kingmaker (our gold edition) and upgrade everyone to it. This will bring Assault (attack/defend to all but a few maps) and Assault Castle (basically siege on Wakefield), full controller support, and 15 new weapons designed by a real swordmith and expert in edged weapons of the 15th and 16th century that blow away every thing except the St. Mary's sword that he also designed. This update will truly one of our best so far and more each month after.
So, again thank you for the support and kind words!
Sincerely,
Gordon Van ♥♥♥♥ | Executive Producer
Razer
Grafter

It's not often you see love hearts from an Executive Producer! Anyway, seems really down to earth and like they developed the game for love of the period and gameplay and wanting players to have a good time, rather than for profit alone. You'll be looking forward to what seems a generous upgrade, then. I'm going to watch some more videos of gameplay on YouTube - I enjoy that as much as playing games.
Blim
Grafter

Die already XD how many arrows do you think it took to kill this guy Cheesy
Razer
Grafter

Haha! Having watched a number of videos on YouTube, I can imagine it took quite a few.
Blim
Grafter

Had such a good first game today. ownage!!

This dudes head fell off  Grin
Razer
Grafter

20 kills 6 deaths. From what I've seen, that IS good. Now, I was just about to say you need to record your play and upload to youtube, so I (and others, of course) can watch you play. Then I remembered it is your thread about the video conversion. Hope you're recording these!
Razer
Grafter

Have you managed to get any gameplay recorded and uploaded, Blim?
Blim
Grafter

No Sad
They brought out the new exp pack and loads of bugs along with it, si Ive not been playing the game much. I do have some vids of bo2 when that was on free weekend. well one match anyway. I'll post them up.
Razer
Grafter

Oh shit, that's a real shame about all the bugs. Sad
BO2? The only BO2 I know is Blood Omen 2. I don't think you're talking about that, though.
Dhaos
Grafter

Black Ops 2?