cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam downloads being throttled?

Yuggi

Steam downloads being throttled?

Heya.
I am just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position. I have been doing quite a bit of downloading this month - with buying Bloodborne on the PS4 and downloading other various digital games. My recent purchase- the one I was looking the most forward to was GTA V for the PC. However the downloads all cap at 300kb/s. Normally I would be getting around 1.4mb, however it does not matter what steam server I choose to download from, all downloads are capped at 300kb/s.
I have found the same on other speedtest websites. Anyone finding the same issue? Also is there any plus-net representative that can tell me that my traffic is being shaped due to "overzealous" downloading?  Lips_are_sealed
Cheers.
Yuggi
2 REPLIES 2
Yuggi

Re: Steam downloads being throttled?

Well it seems to be Rockstars' servers apparently- sort of jumped the gun a bit, should have searched more about it  Roll_eyes Still though, anyone having similar issues with downloading the game from steam?
paulmh5
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Steam downloads being throttled?

It was a bit up and down for me when I downloaded it on the 7th as part of the pre-loading on steam so I can only imagine it being worse now its out fully.
Plusnet Staff - Lead Network Design/Delivery Engineer