Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam down ?

PitchBlack
Grafter

Steam down ?

Is Steam down for anyone else ?

Never mind, it looks like it is down for everyone.
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Steam down ?

Yep, down for a while tonight. I use this to see if it's a known issue: http://steamstat.us/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PitchBlack
Grafter

Cheers Chris,
I eventually found this one
http://www.issteamdown.com/
They must behaving a lot of problems, it was up a minute ago, now it is down again.
deathtrap
Grafter

The steam client lost connection for some reason last night, Which is irritating as for some dumb reason the client also looses my log in password, even though the remember password box is ticked, every time i end up having to retrieve my log in details , as even when i enter the correct password it won't log in
The attached picture speaks volumes about steam
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Ive been using steam since the first day it went live, when I had to switch from playing on WON servers for TFC. Steam had its problems to start off but then got a whole lot better, ive noticed over the years as it expands into new things, I see more and more disconnections and steam going offline for longer periods. Maybe they taken on too much now
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unfortunately it seems to be a deliberate policy to have down time and maintenance at low usage times in California so we catch it
PitchBlack
Grafter

I am having problems again tonight, I logged into Steam then went out for an hour, when I came back in, it said I was offline and they were doing maintenance. I have been struggling to get back in all night. I did get back in once but it just switched me offline, then when I shut it down and try to reconnect it sits at the little grey box that says connecting Steam account. When I managed to get onto Steam it again sent me offline after about 10 seconds, I clicked on DayZ and I see lots of people playing, including the 2 Chris'. I get into game and then it just kicks me out saying something about validation. Then I try ARMA 3 and that kicks me for Battleye and asks me to contact the Admin. So I shut down Steam and reopen it, and it just sits on the connecting little grey box again.
Edit
Finally got it to work after 5 hours,
6 months with Win 8, probably go back to Win 7 tomorrow.