cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starcraft Ports

Barrytrcy
Grafter

Starcraft Ports

Hello since moving to plusnet i've had problems playing online with some games. I tried Age of Empires a week ago but couldn't play because either this router i have or i have to open ports which i have done but no progess.
Now i've tried to play starcraft online but couldn't play. Also if i actually get into a game my connection causes huge lag.
How do i open ports 6112-6119? I've tried port forwarding to no progess.
Help please?
5 REPLIES 5
Barrytrcy
Grafter

Re: Starcraft Ports

No one?
Thanks for the help.  Angry
James
Grafter

You might find that at 2-3am there's not that many people around to help Smiley
Have you tried running a wireshark capture to see if your gaming traffic is being picked up right?  There's a little guide on how to use wireshark here:
http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Barrytrcy
How do i open ports 6112-6119? I've tried port forwarding to no progess.

Take a look here where you'll find instructions on how to configure port forwarding on your router. Choose your router from the first list, skip the advertisement and then select Starcraft from the list of applications. Once everything's set up you can check here to see if the relevant ports are open or not.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Barrytrcy
Grafter

Already done that, the router that you get when signing up with Plusnet seems to have problems portforwarding. Using the website to check if the ports are open it says, "Connection timed out"
Had no problems playing games online with Sky and their router, since joining plusnet I tried playing age of empires 3 online, no luck either..
Undecided
dick:quote
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Barrytrcy
Already done that, the router that you get when signing up with Plusnet seems to have problems portforwarding. Using the website to check if the ports are open it says, "Connection timed out"

I've successfully forwarded ports using the Thomson before (namely FTP and Windows RDP).
Might be an idea to test for open ports using the PFPortCheck program here as opposed to that website.
Is UPnP enable din the router interface as the amount of manual configuration necessary to play online games should be minimal. If you're still having problems then James' suggestion of Wiresharking the traffic isn't a bad one, although I don't know of any problems affecting either of the two games you've referenced.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵