cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Incorrect Traffic Priority?

kingkobra
Grafter

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Incorrect Traffic Priority?

Hi
I keep getting disconnected from the Old Republic servers with extremely high random latency. I've done a WireShark capture (which I dont seem to be able to upload to a ticket - it keeps getting rejected. Even tried renaming it to a text file. Its only 73Kb and no spaces in the filename). Looking at the capture, it looks like most traffic is prioritised as Silver where I would expect it to be Titanium. Is there someone I can email the capture to? The game it pretty much unplayable at the moment due to this.
72 REPLIES 72
kingkobra
Grafter

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Incorrect Traffic Priority?

Managed to upload pcap as a zip file now Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I can't comment about the prioritisation but my son has been playing it since last night and reports no lag (USA West Coast PVE server, High Population), we are on FTTC though, maybe that helps.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Amalea
Dabbler

Started playing this game today on the headstart, 4pm came along and both myself and boyfriends latency skyrocketed. Would additional captures be of any use to analyse for traffic priority? Previously had the same issue with Rift: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,94022.0.html . Would it be cheeky to ask for the temporary fix that was applied for Rift again to make the game playable on an evening until the prioritisation is sorted?
w23
Pro

Gaming should always have top priority, any additional captures can't hurt and if a temporary fix is necessary then I'd hope it would be applied.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
kingkobra
Grafter

The game goes proper live on Tuesday, so if it's not sorted by then, or at least before Xmas, then there are likely to be a lot of support tickets raised about this. The servers are already queuing 500 people deep, and its only early access pre-orders at the moment.
Please PlusNet, schedule this in sooner rather than later!
The length of time it took to get Rift added to the list doesn't inspire me with confidence...
w23
Pro

Absolutely - major game release, many customers on 'early access' if traffic prioritisation is not correct then please make it correct (not before Chtistmas though, Monday morning would be fine) thanks.
Call me 'w23'
kingkobra
Grafter

Oh dear...
'We've got a code freeze on over the Christmas holidays, so we won't be making any changes until January now I'm afraid. If it isn't performing correctly the Pro add on will certainly help if you're seeing issues.'
Lets hope the latency issues don't continue then, otherwise it'll be a fiver a month please.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's not the intention, sorry that there are lag issues though we didn't see any during the beta trial hence why no changes were made beforehand. If people are suffering lag with this game we'll make sure to get the changes done as soon as we can.
kareha
Grafter

There's definately a problem as I've been playing SWTOR all day with no lag, then as soon as it gets to 6:00pm this evening, BANG, lag city.  It's getting as high as 300,000ms which ofc is totally unplayable.

Same happened yesterday as well, all fine until 6pm and then lag starts.  When it got to midnight though game went back to normal.

Please sort this out Plusnet as I've been looking forward to this game for so long, but having to put up with the lag is unbearable.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning all, I've got our copy and will be testing this today so hopefully I'll be able to report back with a completed definition to add to Ellacoya Smiley
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Really odd.  We've got about 10 players on PN lines who work here and they are all claiming it's fine.  Obviously something strange is going on.
Either way, we're on it!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
kingkobra
Grafter

I agree, it doesn't appear consistently, and its been pretty good for me the last couple of days, but I was getting disconnected every few minutes.
The Wireshark capture did look like it was prioritising it as Silver though. I just wanted to make you aware before it possibly became an issue when more people start playing today.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

More info today hopefully...!
Which server are you on?  We can try and replicate on that one hopefully.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
kingkobra
Grafter

Hidden Beks