cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes I hate CS:GO

CL01
Grafter

Sometimes I hate CS:GO

I've had CS:GO for nearly 1 month. My experience has been decent, but not good by any stretch. It started when I went into my first comp game. I did pretty decently and ended up at the top of my team (we got battered 0:16) but I didn't get anything. Then in my 5th or 6th game, I got a 7 day ban because I was paired with a clan and they instantly kicked me. Soon after getting back from that ban, I played brilliantly (I had still played casual, death match and arms race) but my team couldn't do anything. They walked and fired all over the place. We ended up getting beaten. This reoccurred again and again and again. Just today I finally managed to get on with my friends (which was a challenge because my internet has been messing up, see my post in ADSL) and I got my 10th comp victory and was put into silver 1. I felt really ripped off because I was always put with much worse players and was kicked my a clan. Anyway, I started playing a comp match just a few mins ago and I got the "... Does not match server files." Error. I went through the procedures needed and then went back on the game. When I get back on, boom. 7day ban. I finally get to play unlimited comp games and now I'm banned for an error in the game or with my parents computer (My other PCs are in the process of being built.) What makes this worse is that I cannot appeal against this. Now I have to go back to stupid casual. It's not like I've hacked the game or anything but I feel like I'm being treated like a member of lizard squad. Gosh darn you Gabe....
4 REPLIES 4
spader
Grafter

Re: Sometimes I hate CS:GO

Hmmm; you don't get a 7 day ban for being kicked once, you know!
Don't worry about being silver either. If you're decent (and play with some friends) you'll rank up no problem.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm terrible at CSGO but can quite enjoy playing it, the only problem I have with it is the amount of grief you get if you make a mistake from your 'teammates'. That's the problem with matching up against randoms I guess (I'm not ranked in competitive yet).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CL01
Grafter

I only have a couple of days left of my ban so if either of you guys want to come on with me, you're more than welcome to.
spader
Grafter

I tried out casual matchmaking for the first time yesterday and it was quite fun. Easier to find a game with people playing and decent maps than it is on the community browser (sometimes a real pita). Definitely a gulf in class compared to competitive matchmaking though.
I'll probably be on one of these when they're populated http://www.clubaxia.org/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?31888.0
Good crowd, that.