cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So fed up of the traffic control on games e.g S4 League and Left 4 Dead

Gavri

So fed up of the traffic control on games e.g S4 League and Left 4 Dead

The amount of ping trafficing I get is ridiculous and I've already filed a ticket for S4 League since 10th October.
It seemed to have worked fine but then it's back to over 1400+ pings again.
I also would have thought Left 4 Dead would have been in the non traffic controlled games list too, since it's one of the best selling zombie online games out there. Yet to my surprise I get over 1000+ ping on it when I tried playing today, which a few months ago I was playing fine without any lag.
10 REPLIES 10
SparckZero
Grafter

Re: So fed up of the traffic control on games e.g S4 League and Left 4 Dead

Gavri,
Is this on the PC? Which PlusNet package are you on?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sorry to hear you're having problems Sad
Have you managed to Wireshark these two games and if so did it show that they were in the incorrect traffic queues?
Like you, I'd be surprised if Left 4 Dead weren't correctly defined by the traffic management platform.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gavri

I'm on unlimited which supposedly has unlimited line speed on games >_>.
Yes, I've already sent this through the ticket system and it still hasn't been resolved.
I'm not sending a ticket for Left 4 Dead until I get S4 League fixed.
Also getting traffic control on Soul of the Ultimate Nation and I'll probably get horrible ping when Huxley gets released when I start to play, tho I had little lag in the CB. (ijji.com)
goberpiles
Grafter

Really crap connection tonight, I am getting 2mb on an 8mb line, again cannot play Fifa online this is the 3rd day I have had to quit trying, gateway change meant I went up to 4mb on my connection.
goberpiles
Grafter

Unlimited has 2mb for gaming.
Gavri

I've just read on the site that unlimited has been removed? Is this true and what the heck? Shouldn't I have atleast got an email about this....Explains the crappy trafficing I've had recently.
goberpiles
Grafter

Its removed for news users us people on it still have it and need to request a move to the new one of you want it.
Gavri

Also even with 2mb line speed, it shouldn't lag with over 1400+ ping.
I know I'm still getting trafficed on it since I can play runescape with usual pings of 24 on uk servers any time.
SparckZero
Grafter

Gavri,
Have you tried running a Wireshark capture to see how the traffic is being tagged by PlusNet's systems? More info at http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Gavri
I'm on unlimited which supposedly has unlimited line speed on games >_>.

As goberpiles alluded to, Unlimited has a 2mbps rate limit in place for gaming although like you say, this shouldn't have any impact on latency (although I'm not doubting you when you say it is).
Yes, I've already sent this through the ticket system and it still hasn't been resolved.

I'll take a look now but bear in mind that the Ellacoya additions only tend to get processed once every week or two. The changes are normally accompanied by a Service Status post like this one.
I'm not sending a ticket for Left 4 Dead until I get S4 League fixed.

Is the classification wrong for Left 4 Dead? If it is (and particularly bearing in mind my comments above) you'd not be doing yourself any favours by waiting to submit the ticket.
Also getting traffic control on Soul of the Ultimate Nation and I'll probably get horrible ping when Huxley gets released when I start to play, tho I had little lag in the CB. (ijji.com)

Happy to investigate any complaints of poor speed. in doing so though, the Wireshark captures will really help to speed things up.
Quote from: Gavri
I've just read on the site that unlimited has been removed? Is this true and what the heck? Shouldn't I have atleast got an email about this....Explains the crappy trafficing I've had recently.

Not sure why you'd expect an email but if you're wanting to keep up to date with the latest news then you could do worse than subscribe to our Community Site RSS feed here.
Likewise, I'm not sure why us launching new products would explain the problems you're seeing, we haven't changed anything about the Unlimited product Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵