cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download on 360 dashboard

Woody3600
Grafter

Slow download on 360 dashboard

Im downloading a demo from the marketplace, and it's taking FOREVER to download. It's been doing this for a couple of months now but it never used to. No matter what size the file is, it always downloads at 1% a minute. I dont understand  Sad
3 REPLIES 3
Grff
Grafter

Re: Slow download on 360 dashboard

I wouldn't be surprised if the demo is held somewhere plusnet have classifed as a download server, and so unles it's after midnight, it will probably be slow.
sharpyuk
Grafter

I have noticed this as well and i am on Premium account.  When i was with talktalk before, i had no issues re download speed on xbox live..
Can plusNET please provide a response? why is the xbox live downloads slow and i noticed this also affects the streaming of video content as well?  If this is part of the traffic shaping, can this not be given an exception due to it coming under "online gaming".
It is a little frustrating, especially the download speeds for demos, trials, content etc.  I woud imagine that most of this content comes from a range of IP's that microsoft run which could be ignored by traffic shaping.
Please comment on this post if you are having the same issues...
max99
Grafter

i noticed a huge difference with live dashboard stuff moving from pro to premium......updates and demos used to download in a flash but it's now very slow. 
because of this i'll be switching back to pro next billing date.