Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky player coming to an xbox near you

scootie
Grafter

Sky player coming to an xbox near you

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/Sky-290509.htm
i would perfer iplayer but i guess microsoft cant make money from that  Roll_eyes
6 REPLIES 6
Grff
Grafter

Re: Sky player coming to an xbox near you

i don't quite get the point, most people have sky or cable anyway.
I would rather have something like the US netflix on the 360, maybe from lovefilm/tesco dvdrental instead.
Grff
Grafter

I wonder how ISP's are responding to all this.  Surely that's going to mean increased useage, and it will be interesting to see if peoples allocated 'fair useage' is enough.
Grff
Grafter

Apparently the sky player arrives on the 360 tomorrow (27th). Smiley
I wonder if it's a an optional download, or a compulsory system update.
Are the evening speed issues sorted now? Is the sky player traffic going to be the same as online sky player?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ive already got a post up for this asbo& griff and you both posted in it lol,see here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80000.0.html Cheesy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Grff
Grafter

Grin  Grin  Grin
shows what my memory's like.  Grin
I did a search on "sky" and just saw the other thread, so just added to that.
The online sky player buffered every 15 secs or so about 30 mins ago, and facebook took around 30 seconds to load just now, so looks like we still have slow evening speeds.  Roll_eyes
pcoventry
Grafter

I think it will be handy. On PC you have to ring them everytime you change your OS or re format your machine. I guess in terms of usage it shouldn't be a problem. I've never owned one but haven't they had BBCI player on the PS3 since it came out?
I've just re read that website. Did i really see something that said they would be back with pricing information? How can sky or even M$ justify charging for an app which is free? It's only going to make people want to ditch the XBOX for a PS3 or maybe not. But I would not be happy if I had to pay for something on my XBOX which was fee on my PC from the same company. As if M$ don't make enough already!