cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seaming a game video on xbox

Grff
Grafter

Seaming a game video on xbox

Is it just me that has problems streaming a 5 min video trailer on the xbox on an evening?
I watched the boosting infinite gamepkay video early this morninglast at about 12.30am, no problems.
No, I try to show my girlfriend, and it buffers every 30 seconds.
Sounds like traffic shaping again, or the old download site excuse.  I think it's time to abandon this £22 'service' and go with someone else that will let me use what I'm paying for.  Just need to move my email addresses and I'm done.  Another ISP may not be better, but it won't be worse surely?
6 REPLIES 6
scootie
Grafter

Re: Seaming a game video on xbox

Griff as much as i love PN for giving gaming packets the red carpet treatment i use to hate having to wireshark all the streaming vids on xbl to get them out the 0x60 queue and into the streaming 0x80 queue.
Am sort of not surprised that you are still having issues with them as it took over a month to get them sorted and even then it wasn't perfect and i was all ways pointing out they was switching back to 0x60 after a week or so.
1.7mb of bandwidth here with no speed caps and i have a happier xbl surf time than my old PN 3.5mb line
i still think PN should be more pro active with hunting down mis classfied packets, i know its not possible to do the whole net but to make sure XBL dashboard and games run as they should is not a hard task.
asbo wonders if msn messenger web cams are still treated as download server class 0x60
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Occasionally happens to me aswell, Most annoying tbh.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Grff
Grafter

Asbo, did you change ISPs?  A little off-topic for here, but who did you go with in the end?  I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, as I like the service generally from plusnet, but this traffic shaping and throttling 'download' sites just really winds me up at times. 
Thinking of joining everything together and going for maybe, dare I admit it, Sky or BT.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I think Asbodog went to post office broadband? He will have to confirm that though as It's just what I pick up here by visiting regularly.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
scootie
Grafter

Yep i did indeed, not by choice tho  Angry moved in with my partner and she had post office but the router had gone walk abouts and to leave mid contract was just not a option due to what dollar they wanted.
They wouldn't send out a router as they stone walled me saying there routers are paired with the lines, I pointed the facts out to them at how the adsl world works but they just stone walled me with ignorance to the point they actually hang up on you and would not give the pppoa password to use my own routers
So to get out of paying shed loads of cash i said if they set a new account up i will let them lock me in for 12 months and forget the old 7 months left contract, they bit me hand off basically  Roll_eyes
So here i am stuck with 6 months left on this contract, now the networks good no issues there but i am only 1.7mb at best and they just resell the bt network. now this is why you do not ever go near this company, they never get a bill right EVER for one they dont bill you and you have to ring them up and tell them its time to make some money, wait another couple of weeks and the bill turns up with previous paid bills added on it ect ect
But even i could live with the one call a month to get them to invoice me, not ideal but then the network is fine.
HERE COMES THE BUT, the CSC staff are insanely rude, dumb and plain right aggressive beasts that dont like it when the customer knows best, they do not avert there eyes from the scripts pinned to there monitors (well they do but that's just to be rude)
seriously tho if you want the bt resold network go for one of the other smaller company's that sell broadband this way.
i will be going to fttc in march, at the moment its the bt infinity unlimited that wins for me,as long as on unlimited streaming and gaming works then i love unlimited, the ads bt push through are door each week might have something to do with my choice, i think i have bein brain washed by the leaflet beast
the fibre lighting cable effect on one leaflet is very hypnotic looking
scootie
Grafter

just checked bt's offers again today and they are covering the £124 new line install charge on the unlimited infinity and phone package.
just ordered now, waiting time 3 weeks tho 21st oct
so 2 lines to run till march now