cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saints Row: The Third

David_W
Rising Star

Saints Row: The Third

Disclaimer! Saints Row: The Third is an 18, and in the US rated M for Mature, it's a very adult game (pretty violent with lots of heavy swear words and, lets just say I'd not recommend it if easily offended).
I had Saints Row 2 stuck on my Steam account for a long time and never got around to downloading it, was a THQ special I think or something so it was just there.  Last week I decided to download it and give it a whirl, I've never fallen in love with a game so quickly before.  By the end of the day I'd purchased SR3 without a second thought and continued SR2 to completion, well, almost completion, lots of things I never did.
The game is like Grand Theft Auto, only less politically correct, to put it into context, one of the diversions you can do is streaking, totally nude (except for shoes, got to wear shoes else it's just embarrassing) you have to shock a set amount of people within a time limit, then shock some more, 8 levels worth of shocks, or you can buy a mac from a clothes store and do a flashing diversion instead.  They do add pixels to the areas that require pixels.
Playing the game is crazy, mad fun, it's how a game should be, and there are so many moments in the game that just leave you grinning like a madman.  I showed my niece a gameplay video that I can't post here without the mods banning me for life but it's on youtube and my niece couldn't stop laughing, the game is just that silly and fun.  For instance, being nude and surfing on top of a car, if you press the E button you stand on your hands and surf, so imagine a man, nude, on his hands, surfing on a car and you get some idea of just how crazy insane the game is.
The voice actor is good too, I go for the English voice and he's a cheerful psycho.  So if you're not easily offended (and are over 18) and enjoy games like GTA with a mission that involves driving a car with a tiger sitting next to you, or driving clients of ladies of purchasable virtue around whilst avoiding the press or umm, nah, some of the missions are just unbelievable then Saints Row 2 and 3 are gems of a game that could easily be over-looked by the GTA series.
The latest DLC for SR3 includes ladies from a magazine called Penthouse, so yep, best avoided if easily offended, or maybe mildly offended, but it's a really good game!