Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rockstar To Ban Cheats

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Rockstar To Ban Cheats

The makers of the likes of Red Dead Rockstar are going to follow in M$ Xbox foot steps and start deleting users accounts from their Rankings if found using any cheat hacks which they say they have the technology to spot.
About time games developers started doing this with individual game themselves and not leaving it to the platform developers. Even back in the day a lot of PC titles used the likes of punkbuster to attempt to keep their games clean which was just cat and mouse with hackers releasing new hacks as soon as one gets busted.
There must be like an underground society of people who feel disenfranchised and bitter over some life experience that makes them wet the bed, maybe they just sit and wait for a new release and think now how can I spoil this for everybody else to try and get some feeling of control back in my life. 
I say to you come and join us, who know you might even like it and get some new friends!
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Rockstar To Ban Cheats

I give this a BIG thumb's up, Thanks for sharing Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
David_W
Rising Star

It's all good and well for Rockstar to say that but it will be inevitable that people who are *not* cheating will end up getting banned.  The same with Xbox 360, unmodded consoles were flagged and basically bricked by Microsoft.  In FFXI they have automated software to detect cheating, only, it's not infallible and lots of people end up sitting in jail waiting for a GM to tell them "you're banned".
Don't get me wrong, I dislike online cheats, a few years ago playing Unreal with a dude having 100% head shot accuracy, or more recently on TF2, a sniper who always head shot (he'd turn 180 and headshot you in 1/2 a second), it makes the game less fun for people who don't cheat, but no automated system can detect a cheat.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

It has its floors I agree but definitely a step in the right direction.