cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift - Storm Legion - Latency Issues

moemoff
Grafter

Rift - Storm Legion - Latency Issues

I play Rift and have the new Storm Legion expansion . In the normal world achieve something between 15ms and 47ms. However if I try to join Zone events, Rift raids and Conquest the MS goes up to 20k or 40k. Nothing works at that level despite the fact that my frame rates are perfectly ok.
I run Bitmeter and at the time the latency is showing it indicates a very thin level Red Line (filled)  at the bottom of its screen as opposed to the normal high level peaks when downloading/ web browsing or streaming. It is just as if it is being squeezed. This happens in Peak hours.
Now I am on a business account but it is a legacy account and not the new option3 that IS managed when it comes to gaming. Indeed I am paying considerably more for the account than the new option 3.
I am told I am not being managed with regard to gaming but it seems like it is and really is spoiling things. I cannot participate in guild raiding etc.  If it was contention then It would affect all of the game. I just wonder if the techs at Plusnet have me under the wrong profile but it doesn’t show for the normal support when they look at the account?  Has Storm Legion been correctly identified by traffic management?  Can someone look into the matter?
My connection
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Rift - Storm Legion - Latency Issues

Has Storm Legion been correctly identified by traffic management?  Can someone look into the matter?

We're aware of the issue with Rift and we have a new traffic management signature ready to roll out. Unfortunately the recent peak time latency spikes have delayed us rolling this so we're aiming to get it live next week.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
moemoff
Grafter

Thank you ... may I ask what part of NEXT Week we are talking about?  My fellow guildies are pestering me for a response.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Wednesday morning I believe.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

All being well the fix should be rolling live tomorrow morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

moemoff
Grafter

Oh dear ..went into a Warfront (PVP) at around 9.30 tonight. I had 20k rising to 88k ms - couldn't push a button or cast a spell. . As soon as I was out of the warfront .. it went back to 87 ms whereas my usual is around 15 to 47ms.  It looked squeezed again.
PS I got my usual download / upload  speed on my broadband speed.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

damn.
Can you get a wireshark of starting the game, and also starting the Warfront?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Longy
Dabbler

moemoff
Grafter

Not sure if this is of any significance.
Up until about 8:30 everything was ok - Did a raid rift with 20 folks ..around 7 ish .. no problem unlike before. Around 9:30 it went it's usual way with the high latency when I started to do warfronts - tried 2 different maps - just constant red and very low level on the Bitmeter. By 10.30 it had gone back to being playable as around 7 ish ms 47.