cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New fibre broadband....slow PS4!

Malikk
Dabbler

Hi, I signed up to Plusnet about a month ago. Unfortunately, since signing up, i've had none stop issues and i've had to call technical support countless times. There was a few days where the internet was exceptional, even for gaming. However, the past 2-3 days i've had issues with gaming, where it's been lagging considerably (The game i've been playing is FIFA 19 on Playstation 4). These are not disconnections, though i'm lagging none stop and not sure why. I can do the usual browsing and watch videos/Streams, although i've been lagging to the point where I can't play online due to the lag. I'm using a plusnet hub one, download speed is 38 Mbps, upload around 5 Mbps. But every 3rd or 4th network test on the Playstation im getting a huge drop in upload, from 5 Mbps to 200kbps. please help, its getting really frustrating. i was on sky fibre before and never had a problem.
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This post has been split into its own thread for better visibility 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi there.

Sorry that you're having issues with your Playstation.

Is it connected to your router over WiFi or using a wired/ethernet connection?

[edit]

Scrap that I see we (including me!) have been replying to another thread over Here regarding this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet