cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ET (original and Quake Wars) servers

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I'd only be a very very casual player of ET/ET:QW, if I play it at all, so I can't really give any comments which would help you come to a decision PJ. I do agree that the servers bearing the PlusNet name have to be friendly, usable servers and not over-run by clans who only want fresh meat to destroy.
Good luck on this Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
BattleRat
Grafter

wow, did you leave making an ET server too late
try www.wolfstuff.org
I admin most of their ET servers , an run one of the most successfull ET communities in Europe .. along with a few others.
if you need any help .. give us a shout on wolfstuff.
as for ET:QW server.. read the gripe that I am gonna post elsewhere.
they owe me one.
BattleRat
Grafter

Go for it.
If you need any help , I will help you.
There are full sets of rules in many languages that fit which you have described exactly on wolfstuffs website, take them.
Should you also need a campaign file to play in objective mode ( game type 4) the African , European and then all 6 maps in rotation , I have a .pk3 for you.
The plusnet jaymod server only runs the 6map campaign, swapping teams after each campaign.
You will also have to install the latest patches to ET , otherwise you will find your server permanently empty or malicious players crashing your server with a known bug.
ETMain , the plain vanilla out-of-the-box installation has no XP save , no doublejump and no real administrative features except maybe the use of rcon and punkbuster commands.
give me a shout should you need server configs to limit heavy weapons , amount of rambo medics and etc.
As for a website name .. (please consider this a postcard ) .. FairPlay.co.uk

Hope this helps.

BattleRat
Grafter

sounds good, when's it going online?