cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jojo
Grafter

Random Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Crazy Grrrrrrrr  Just  venting!!  Did it take anyone a long time to dl eve, like 15 hours I had to  stop it as it was eating up my usage and yep was dl'ing after midnight... (whispers in very very low voice) and why does second life lag so much if i want to listen to people speak I have to stand still and not move  Lips_are_sealed and like if i am on xfire and go to watch a short clip on youtube it cuts my xfire out  Cry and sometimes get a over 300 ping on L4D which eventually goes down after a bit  Undecided and I cant even host a server on Res 5  (rotten egg's are a good earner ;)) Embarrassed My area so sux's for Internet  "breaths"  Cheesy thats better....  LOL  Oh and I have had BT out and they checked all my line and changed the box and I dont have my iplate on anymore that just made me lose connection... Thanks for reading just wanted to vent  Crazy
18 REPLIES 18
pcoventry
Grafter

Re: Random Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi jojo,
Eve has always been large and takes me a zillion years to download. What package are you on? Most packages give free usage after midnight till 8am so that wouldn't eat into it atall  Tongue
HaydnExport
Grafter

What's eve?
pcoventry
Grafter

HI Haydn,
I assume jojo is refering to Eveonline which is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) Here's a link for it.
http://www.eveonline.com/
If it's anything like World Of Warcraft then it's going to be massive as Warcraft is about 12GB on initial download if you don't have the DVD's.
jojo
Grafter

Yep eveonline got the 21 day trial from friend... dl'ing from steam now so will take me a few nights to get it, at least this way it will dtart where it left off last time, sigh!!  Undecided just have to rem. to wake up and stop it b4 8 am so wont take any of my usage... lol
pcoventry
Grafter

Well let us know how you get on with that one  Smiley
James
Grafter

Jo,
Have you considered moving to Pro for a month?
Everything would come down at line speed, including steam downloads Wink
jojo
Grafter

No Point... I wouldnt benefit from it as my line wont cope with it. when I first moved to this area and was looking for internet most were saying I would get 4Mb thats what my line could handle, I'm lucky if i get 0.5 Mb Cry Cry Cry  A bit of a shock when your used to cable.. Thats why I went on the package I am on now..  But i reckon one more night and eve will be loaded  Smiley

SparckZero
Grafter

jojo,
Have you always had a speed of 0.5mb? Or has it been faster in the past?
jojo
Grafter

I think that's as fast as it's ever been  Cry
James
Grafter

Right, fair enough Smiley
Are you doing the usual things like trying your router into the master socket with all of your other telephone devices unplugged?  It's possible that you might be able to eek a bit more out of your line.
If you're at home I'll be happy to call to run you through a few suggestions of things you could try to make things a bit better.
David_W
Rising Star

Eve online is pretty good, although instead of Steam you can download it through Eve's own downloader (letting you resume).  According to fileplanet the file size is just under 700Mb.  They took off your iPlate though?  Did they replace it with anything else?  What are your router stats?
edit @ above - see James if you leave us who will we have to phone us about gaming?  It's terrible, you'll have to educate Bob or Mand to the joys of MMO's!
jojo
Grafter

Only have router and telephone in master socket and only have one socket no extension's.. oh this might help
Download speedachieved during the test was - 441 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :672 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps
@ dgwebb... No i took off my iplate, it seemed to lose connection when that was attached, worked finr for the first day or so then I would start having connection problems...
David_W
Rising Star

From what I remember the iPlate (what is it with i?  iPlayer, iPod, iPlate, iDontCare!) it filters out the signal of the bell wire so gives a more stable signal and a speed boost, your constant disconnections could have been due to you synching to a higher speed which was unstable and eventually the exchange would have dropped your speed to one where you are not disconnecting all the time (though I could be wrong, James will correct me if I am!)
James
Grafter

No correction needed.
I've just given Jo a ring and we've concluded that it's about as good as it will really get because of line length sadly Sad