Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rainbow Six: Siege

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Rainbow Six: Siege

Opinions on this? I've picked it up on  steam as I was a huge R6V2 fan, it feels similar but has some good changes(bring back cover!)
I've heard some bad things about the console versions but apart from the odd disconnection the PC version works great
5 REPLIES 5
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege

totall pish ..... i got the game free with my new gtx 970, i wish i had gone for the other free game option. Rainbow six siege is basicly another counter strike rip and the games graphics look poor too no way is that game worth £50 more like £10./
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

it can't hold a candle to the older games, but what new game can when you consider how much replayability was in them,  I already know all the maps like the back of my hand, needs some DLC at least
NoZephy
Rising Star

Picked it up for £20 from a CD key website, seems alright. I wouldn't pay anymore than £20 for it though so glad I got it low.
My only problem is the networking issues...Min latency I've got is 50, in other games my ping is usually 7-13ms, even my connection to the games West EU data center is showing up as 14ms...weird.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

I played the original tom Clancy games on ps2 5 years before counterstrike came out, if anything is a rip off of something else its counterstrike, that being said the latter does have the benefit of being made by a studio that knows what its doing.
as to the game I never liked rainbow6 it always seems rather sloppy and the last 4 games I played in the series put me off getting the newer ones / but like most things its subjective, if you like it then play it and enjoy Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
deathtrap
Grafter

R6vegas 2 getting mention, I have added a few mods/tweaks to that game to make it a bit faster and a bit more fun, but Ubisoft is a poor games publisher, and their support is next to none existent ,Siege doesn't really appeal to me,  and with the addition of ubi's newer games having to use a Uplay  account, that stores your in game progress ect, why not keep it within the game?
Also i hope they aren't using a similar method for connectivity as used for games like Vegas2  where everyone has to connect via their unreliable master server based in Canada  for authentication and online play , ?
I don't want to have to have bloat like uplay or steam client running in the background whilst playing games online, they may not use much in the way of resources but they still use something, needlessly i may add