RIFT

Can RIFT be added to the defined game list? It is released this week Smiley
20 REPLIES 20
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: RIFT

http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
Submit a ticket with it attached, they won't buy a game just to add it.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
scratchrat
Grafter

Sorry, I'm new to Plusnet, not even installed yet. I dont know how to do that.
Vip3r
Grafter

If you have signed up to Pro then it won't make a difference if its in the list or not, you get all traffic prioritised.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: scratchrat
Sorry, I'm new to Plusnet, not even installed yet. I dont know how to do that.

You won't be able to do this as your line isn't active yet.
Must admit I was a bit miffed by this until I saw that we received an email yesterday from one of the producers of the game advising that they've had reports of various Plusnet customers having problems. I'm about to reply to him asking that he points some of these users to the information provided by Gus above.
Once we've some captures, we'll try and get it sorted when we look at Minecraft.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Amalea
Dabbler

Sent in a ticket last night with a Wireshark attachment, would it be possible to add that guide as a link in the defined games list sticky?
From what I could tell (first time using Wireshark) it was pushing traffic on the Bronze/Silver queues - which could explain latency of upto 60k. Hope it does get sorted soon, been with Plus.net for years primarily due to the prioritising of gaming traffic. Smiley
Edit: No idea if it helps or not, but the ticket number is 40445923.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Usually takes a week or a bit more to get them added as they don't do just One at a time
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Gibbs49
Dabbler

As far as I can tell, the data is being pushed in bronze (iirc) 0x20.
Sent in an additional ticket. Ticket number 40594679 and it includes capture. Would be great if you could deal with this asap.
msoutham
Dabbler

This has to be one of the most inefficient methods of handling traffic for new game releases.
zzzzzzzzzzzz sort it out plus.net.
Gibbs49
Dabbler

FYI: My tickets been forwarded on to the people in charge of netwrok traffic. Should be fixed within a week! Not that thats much consolation considering we are paying a subscription and cant play between 1600-2400.
Gibbs49
Dabbler

Final update: RIFT packet signature is being added to the server update on 23 march 2011.
Farske

Please boost this up.
Also since the weeknd I've been getting disconnected randomly. Noone else has this problem in my guild and its happened very suddenly?
Any ideas why this may happen?
magnette
Dabbler

Hope the high latency I get with Rift goes away after that update.
My latecy seems to bounce from as low as 80 up to 50'000 when alot is going on. This often results in a disconnect.
Regardless the game is unplayable for me with a ping of 400+
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@scratchrat @Farske, you are both on our 'Pro' product so whatever problems you're having aren't going to be related to our traffic management platform. Just to be sure, I've checked your line profiles on the traffic management switches themselves and they are fine.
@Amalea @magnette, I've made a temporary change to both of your accounts that should fix the problem for you whilst you wait for us to make the necessary changes to our traffic management systems.
Quote from: msoutham
This has to be one of the most inefficient methods of handling traffic for new game releases.
zzzzzzzzzzzz sort it out plus.net.

Are you actually having problems playing this game?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Amalea
Dabbler

Just come back to check this thread as I was wondering if the fix had been brought forward as lag for myself and my better half seemed to have gone. Many thanks Bob for the temporary change - it's made a massive difference and has two happy gamers. Smiley