cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIFT / Any Connection Issues This Weekend?

Dhaos
Grafter

Re: RIFT / Any Connection Issues This Weekend?

Any news on this? still getting the spikes after 7:30 ish. just done another wireshark test and the european server is still classed as bronze.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Apologies for the delay folks, we've some work planned for next Wednesday (a week tomorrow) that we're hoping will sort this.
@Dhaos, in the interim we're going to make some changes to your individual line profile which should hopefully help.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Change made, it may put it in Gold rather than Titanium but should help improve things, let us know.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Dhaos
Grafter

Still getting lag and classed as Bronze, the ip address is 193.105.173.93
http://sdrv.ms/WNdiBT
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Try a disconnect/reconnect.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Dhaos
Grafter

ok thanks bob and dave i reset the modem and ended up gate hopping from ptw-ag02 to ptw-ag01, my latency in game seems stable and i have just done a sharkwire test and it is showing as 0xa0 (titanium).
moemoff
Grafter

Cough Cough ..would it work for me?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yeah, try it now.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Dhaos
Grafter

Well dave whatever you did to my account worked, had a night of lag free rift, 1st time in over a week.
Amalea
Dabbler

Any chance of getting the temporary fix for Rift until Wednesday as well please? Hit a max spike of 46k latency, and a lot of spikes between 5k - 10k tonight. Also had problems last night.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Bob
Apologies for the delay folks, we've some work planned for next Wednesday (a week tomorrow) that we're hoping will sort this.
@Dhaos, in the interim we're going to make some changes to your individual line profile which should hopefully help.

Linky.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Amalea
Dabbler

Which IP address of Trion's was this fix done for? I've logged in tonight, hopeful that I may actually have a lag free night for a change... and getting red level latency almost immediately.
I can see Dhaos mention IP address: 193.105.173.93
Tonight I've just run a wireshark capture, and my calls to Trion are on 192.105.173.94 - with what looks like bronze traffic shaping. See attached image.
Maybe it's me but I am really getting fed up with this, my issues with Secret World got to a point I got fed up trying to play the game through the lag and stopped playing. I've just thought to check now and the ticket I raised in July for Secret World was finally resolved in December from a fix applied in November - oddly I didn't seem to get any notification on it (I'd pretty much given up on getting a response by that point anyway). I recently signed up for fibre, and whilst some aspects are fantastic, the gaming (which is a reason I stuck with plus net) is just getting painful! Sorry to rant but after a long day at work, chilling out and killing some monsters to unwind should be fun, not frustrating as I'm sure you can understand!
Dhaos
Grafter

I did another test the day after my original wireshark test and i was connected to 193.105.173.94 but after plusnet did something to my line it was showing as titanium, both 193.105.173.93 and 94 both point to 193.105.173.93.ams.triongames.com, i have just done another test and now i am connecting to 193.105.173.81 which also points to 193.105.173.93.ams.triongames.com, it is still showing as titanium so i have a feeling it is because of the fix that bob and dave did on my line last week and not due to the fix that went live yesterday.
dick:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry guys, we've just found that although we'd rolled the new signature out we hadn't checked a box to make it work correctly Sad We've rectified that now so would be interested to see if your gaming is ok from now on RIFT?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Amalea
Dabbler

Reading that resulted in one big /facepalm.  Roll_eyes
Tonight in Rift has been first night for a while which was lag free - thank you. Did a quick wireshark early in the evening and it did indeed look like the traffic was prioritised correctly at Titanium. Cheers for checking again and responding. Fingers crossed the weekend carries on the same. Smiley