Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about TESOnline

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Question about TESOnline

I’ve had a quick check and can’t see anyone mention this but could someone check if the new online game 'The Elder Scrolls Online' has been added to the traffic list.
I’ve been Beta testing this game since January and must admit it worked fine as is, but it’s gone live today and there are reports of people in Europe suffering connection problems and lag spikes. Most of these in the UK seem to be on the Virgin network but I just thought I would check Plusnet.
A lot of the problems stem from the fact the EU Megaserver is temporally located with the NA (North American) sever over the pond until testing is over, when it will be relocated to I believe the UK.
Anyway just a ‘heads up’ so your aware.
7 REPLIES 7
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Re: Question about TESOnline

There was/is a couple of PN techs playing it, so would expect it to be added already
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
GingerCat

Something is not right as TESO seems to disconbect me from the net. Playing for around 90 mins this efening, had to restar the router 8 or 9 times. When TESO is not on, connection stays stable, when playing it drops within 5 mins. I got fibre optic to game with, if you cant support that, its a waste of time.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

If the Game is making you router disconnect, then complain to the devs not PN.  That is poor network coding overloading your router.
GingerCat

Nope, just confirmed it is not the game, though that seems to make it worse. Have given up and the net just went again. Now using my mobile. So, no, it seems this is a generic issue. Also, Gus, if you look around this board, there are things plusnet does for new games, such as traffic management signatures that can cause disconnects,  so unless you are a plusnet employee, a moderator or have something relevant/constructive to say, please refrain from commenting, you just come across as a forum troll.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

No game that is coded properly can make a router lockup, only those not.  To over load a router takes a lot of data going in and out swamping the router until it crashes/locks up, that is a simple fact.
When TESO is not on, connection stays stable, when playing it drops within 5 mins

You said it your self, that is poor network coding over loading a router.
Dhaos
Grafter

You are not running any p2p software at the same time are you? allowing to many connections can crash the router.
GingerCat

Nope. Crashes continued after I stopped gaming, and no p2p anything was running. It has been fine previously but last night the connection dropped every 5 or 6 mins on average.