cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems playing PS3 games online

jibstar1uk
Dabbler

Problems playing PS3 games online

I have the Plusnet Unlimited package and I'm having problems playing FIFA 09 and Street Fighter IV online, I just can't get a game whereas with all my other games they work perfectly well. I checked my router firewall and its switched off completely.
Can anyone help?
13 REPLIES 13
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: Problems playing PS3 games online

Cant speak for Streetfighter, but the FIFA 09 issue has been around for absolutely ages. I have the same problem, i can play a friend sometimes and sometimes not, are you getting the 'game session unavailable' message?
I tried to narrow it down to either being Plusnet or EA, but  got nowhere. Loads of websites and forums tell you about opening ports, putting router in DMZ. I tried everything and it still doesnt work. Cry
scootie
Grafter

if you hook your ps3 upto your pc making sure you do it so your nat, port forawding work o.k i use bridging and not ICS to get this on xbox(must add here that i have never had to check a xbox game only the dashboard)
and then run wireshark to sniff the ps3 packets you will be able to tell if fifa is getting the right prioity on the PN (which it should)
If all is o.k then the blame can stick with EA like it does for so many other games they think there servers are o.k running.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
jibstar1uk
Dabbler

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
Cant speak for Streetfighter, but the FIFA 09 issue has been around for absolutely ages. I have the same problem, i can play a friend sometimes and sometimes not, are you getting the 'game session unavailable' message?
I tried to narrow it down to either being Plusnet or EA, but  got nowhere. Loads of websites and forums tell you about opening ports, putting router in DMZ. I tried everything and it still doesnt work. Cry

Yes I'm getting that message, its just so frustrating... Angry
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I looked into the wireshark as suggested earlier but gave it a miss.
I could unplug my PS3, wire it up to my PC and post the stats, but i shouldnt have to, i paid Sony £350 for the machine, EA £30 for the game and i pay Plusnet £20 p/m for my broadband.
IMO - one of the aforementioned companies should diagnose and fix any problems that occur!
scootie
Grafter

well unless you give PN a helping hand ie see if wireshark is saying some of its traffic isnt being picked up right  then plusnet cant fix anything.
and the other two companies i dare you try and get a reposnse from them Grin
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I have given up ASBO, they all suck, i'll just stick to a 50/50 chance of getting a game!
scootie
Grafter

they all suck bar one in my opinion and yes your opinion is they all suck. we are both allowed to voice are opinion's
And my final opinion on the matter is sonys ps3 is the biggest sucker Cheesy
get you self a payed for gaming console network that doesent have to be run by volunters  Wink
wolfhowl
Grafter

i hope your not trying to big up xbox online again asbo Tongue ....its overun with lagswitchers, host bridgers and a whole manner of unpleasant hackings..my opinion which i have been coming to recently is every console online is poor.  PC is the way to go....Fact...punkbuster and otherthings deny hacks...servers on pretty much every game rather the p2p....problem with that is now, is that its a rich mans gaming system...i clearly cant afford it at the minute Sad
scootie
Grafter

yeah i have more trouble with punkbuster than i have time to type.
micro have are money in the bank to spend on anti hack improvments. watch this space Wink
wolfhowl
Grafter

hah, been "watching this space" for nearly 4 years since it was released.....Looks like Stopping hacks is top of their priority.  Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

playing now if anyone wants a [CENSORED] whipping
jibstar1uk
Dabbler

My PS3 says I'm on Nat Type 2, is that the right one? Also do you just use a standard USB cable to hook it up to your PC?
scootie
Grafter

your yelleow ethernet cable is better than usb
my set up is ethernet from xbox to pc
local lan and wireless adapter on pc bridged
if your using wireless on your pc this is how to bridge the 2
to bridge on vista got to network and share. then manage network connections and highlight your local lan and wireless then right click and choice bridge.
some times to get it to work you need to make sure the lan and wireless is not in use ie disconnect your wireless and pull the cable out of your lan before bridging them