cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with League of Legends since Christmas

Bongo500
Dabbler

Problem with League of Legends since Christmas

Oh btw.. forgot to mention, this problem only started at christmas. Before christmas the game was fine and i could play with a nice ping, recently this problem has started. On the forum for the game they said to talk to their ISP's and they're also trying to sort the problem out from their end. Other people have the same problem as me but live in different countries and have different ISP's, they say it could be a routing issue.
I've recently started playing a new game [League of Legends] and the connection + ping was fine, 20-50 all the way through, sometimes going up to 100 at peak time but that's still pretty playable + good. (atleast i think so) However over christmas and even now, I have been getting a latency of 1000+! Even 2000 sometimes. I just thought I would ask you if you have any idea why this is ?

[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  thread split off from http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82569.0.html and problem clarified ]
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet new ISP

To shortcut the problem - which game are you having problems with (checking through the thread I don't see that information) and where are the servers
Bongo500
Dabbler

Game = League of Legends, it's fairly new, but the problem has only just started, I'm not sure where the servers are.. I can give you their forum link where this problem is being discussed if you like?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That would help and then I will split out the relevant posts as a new thread where the problem could be more obvious
Bongo500
Dabbler

http://forums.lol-europe.com/showthread.php?t=11350 here it is
this is my last reply by the way, i'll check the forum again tomorrow, thanks alot for your help + replys Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Re: Problem with League of Legends since Christmas

jim:post Topic split off and made more focussed. Hopefully the more knowledgeable will be able to help mod:end
Bongo500
Dabbler

Ok thanks, does anyone else have any ideas?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Bongo500
Dabbler

Ok thanks alot Oldjim! I didn't think it was my ISP as lots of people have had the same problem and only with this game.... Just thought i'd check anyway Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just in case it is us, we've got an update to the service status pages which includes a new sig for this game. Please let us know if there's an improvement, ta.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Signature is now live, can you let us know if you see any improvement please?
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Sorry, a little OT but,
I've tried downloading this about 4 times now, all seems OK until it gets well into patching and then it always drops out on some error or other.  I have cleaned up all files from previous installs but it just will not work for me, is this game worth me persisting with (assuming latency issues are, or will be, resolved)?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.