Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Unplayable

tazsizemore
Grafter

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Unplayable

Hi Guys
So looks like its been returned to you by BT with the below - just as an update, I played Pro Evo last night and it was MUCH worse lol! Both games abandoned after 30 secs or so with 'abandoned due to  bad signal quality' which is when they lag is really terrible.
"Script User - Automated Script Pool
9:05pm, Tuesday 3 Dec 2013We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 77863228 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Phone Faults - Logged pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible. "
Whats the next step?
Cheers
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

OK, lets start again on this one.  Originally you were seeing a problem where web browsing would make the game play worse.  Is that the same?
Do the lag appear at any particular time?  I.e. it always plays fine during the day, but is always rubbish at 20:00 (this would indicate some sort of peak time congestion issue)
You are still wired into the router yeah?  (not wireless)
Do you have a thinkbroadband ping quality graph?  This often gives us a hint as to if there is something wrong on the line.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
tazsizemore
Grafter

Hi Kelly
Thanks for the pickup.
Firstly, can I get the results of the copper line test from BT, as Chris said he was seeing a fault and we all felt this was going to be the main line of enquiry with regards to resolving my issue?

Originally you were seeing a problem where web browsing would make the game play worse.  Is that the same?
I work during the day but was off Monday and did try to play Pro Evo and it was the same.
You are still wired into the router yeah?  (not wireless)
Have been wired for past 2 years on Pro but switched to wireless on PS3 two days ago when I got my PS4 (which is using the wired)
Do you have a thinkbroadband ping quality graph?  This often gives us a hint as to if there is something wrong on the line.
I do not but could install it but my question would be how do i set it up to use the PS3s connection and not just the PC running the test? Sorry not used that software before, assuming you have to specify the IP address you want it to monitor somehow?
Thanks
tazsizemore
Grafter

Has this died a death?  Crazy
tazsizemore
Grafter

Angry Sad Shocked Huh :D.. Cry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Really sorry we've missed this thread.
I do not but could install it but my question would be how do i set it up to use the PS3s connection and not just the PC running the test? Sorry not used that software before, assuming you have to specify the IP address you want it to monitor somehow?

It would just need setting up to your external IP, that way we can see the quality of your overall connection.
I see from a ticket on your account we asked you to try a direct connection to the modem in order to bypass the router, has this been tried?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Hi Chris
Thanks for picking up the ball. I feel like this has been going on for YEARS lol. Someone at some point said there was a fault on the line and they had cleared it and asked me if that had resolved it to which I said no. I am all up for you guys monitoring the service to see whats happening but i was sent a huge complicated looking instruction set on how to do that including downloading some software and configuring it to pick up the ip address of i wasnt even sure, the pc or the ps3 and couldnt see how you change it to anything other than your PC. I would LOVE someone to help me do this and finally, put this issue to bed and hopefully play Pro Evo that way its meant to be! As i'm sure just 7 of my 70meg connection would be more than enough!! Yes i've tried wired and wireless and both the same.