Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Unplayable

tazsizemore
Grafter

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Unplayable

Hi Guys
So I've been told you guys have like the best customer service going in terms of ISP hence the reason I joined onto your service. I recently upgraded to fibre optic plusnet and got a massive 70meg connection which i'm stoked about. I need to explain something..Pro Evo is literally my life on PS3. I've resisted moving over to Fifa like all my mates and don't want to however, currently, it is almost unplayable on PS3 due to choppy connections to my matches.
Now i'm not sure if this is being mis-indentified in Traffic Shaping or whatever it is. But please, for the love of god, could someone help me to get even a quarter of my massive connection to run this game as it should be running like single player I.e smooth as a babys behind and that just isn't the case..at all
I am willing to dedicate a small portion of my coming life to get what information you need and would massively appreciate someone taking a lead on this
Thanks guys
Taz
51 REPLIES 51
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Unplayable

Hi Taz,
We'll get working on it for you.  Are you running anything else at the same time? 
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you could advise on the above that'd be great, though also I've tweaked your profile on our side to make sure it's matching (it now is at 77400 Smiley ) which may well help.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
Hi Taz,
We'll get working on it for you.   Are you running anything else at the same time? 

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate as to running anything else? I have connected to the hub you provided my PC, Sky box and the PS3. I don't do any peer-to-peer sharing or any heavy downloads but can even notice slowdown during a match if I simply try browsing webpages sometimes, or the ps3 lagging to load and both pop up i.e the webpage on PC and the PS3 screen at the same time (which is way to much of a coicidence to me?)
Cheers
Taz
tazsizemore
Grafter

Oh, just to add to that, I do download some docus and movies from Sky On Demand but make sure I never have anything downloading when I'm playing PS3 online (even though i'm sure you'll agree with my 70meg I should be able to no problem!)
tazsizemore
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
If you could advise on the above that'd be great, though also I've tweaked your profile on our side to make sure it's matching (it now is at 77400 Smiley ) which may well help.

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the reply. Whats now matching? Is that the TCP/UDP port for Pro Evo or has my download speed increased to 77meg lol?? Thing is, I dont think it's anything to do with the speed as the PS3 can't use more than 4 or 5mg on an online game anyway?
Pro Evo 2014 needs all the help it can get this year guys lol
Cheers
Taz
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Basically, we need to match the profile BT have for your line speed on our own systems or our traffic management doesn't work. That's all I've done there.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Sweet. I will try it out tonight and report back tomorrow!  Crazy
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hope it's made a difference, please let us know.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Hi Guys,
So ran a few games last night and I want to say it's fixed but it's no where near the 'single player offline' mode that i'm craving with my mahoosive connection still. It IS slightly better though (so we are definatly make a dent in this dark force) so what can we do next guys? We've got it on the run!! Smiley
I'm still seeing visible slowdown on a match when I browse webpages on my PC..literally, the game will slow down in FRONT OF MY EYES as I go from page to page..thats telling me its like bandwidth related maybe!? Too much data being squeezed at one time? Or am I way off?
Cheers guys
"With God's help I'll conquer this terrible affliction" Mark Renton - Trainspotting
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just making a tweak to your account now, hoping this sorts it out for you - looks like you've been on the Pro rules since you moved from Pro to Unlimited. That should sort things out for you, please let us know.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Hi Matt
Cool will check in again tonight and report!! What would being on the Pro rules mean apose to being on Unlimited in the negative context?
Cheers
Taz
tazsizemore
Grafter

Matt,
Just looking at an old thread re: Pro and it seems to suggest (if the guy is accurate) that the Pro package "lifts non listed games to same status as listed games' in the Traffic Management. I actually went to the Pro package as it was advertised specifically for Gamers (before I upgraded to Fibre)
http://community.plus.net/forum/?topic=99476.msg842396
Not knocking, just want to understand is all Smiley
Thanks again guys  Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Trouble is, on Pro *everything* is prioritised - which is (we think) why e.g. http traffic is interrupting your game. With you not being on pro, the gaming will be prioritised above other less important traffic and should run a lot more smoothly.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Well this sounds great!  Cool So will this make Pro Evo 2014 specifically priorotised or ALL PS3 games from now on? Looking forward to trying it out tonight
Ps. will I need to reboot my router to pick up your changes?