Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Evo Soccer PS3 - Upgraded to 70mg Fibre

tazsizemore
Grafter

Pro Evo Soccer PS3 - Upgraded to 70mg Fibre

Hi Guys,
So I was on the 'Gaming' package on standard broadband which worked really well. Upgraded to your Fibre unlimited package about a week ago and unfortuantly Pro Evo Soccer 2013 performs WORSE than it did before. I read a lot into your Traffic Management and felt assured that the Gaming side is actually priority as 'Platinum' level and really expected to be presented with an experience similar to playing in offline mode such response time I was expecting from the Latency. No complaints on FTP whatsoever which is amazing..it's just the gaming side here specifically which is really as I do apart from browsing (I don't PSP or anything)
Please help
PS. I have had a few disconnections but read this can happen in the first 10 days after install. Speedtests report consistent 73mg most of the time so far.
Thanks guys
18 REPLIES 18
tazsizemore
Grafter

Re: Pro Evo Soccer PS3 - Upgraded to 70mg Fibre

PS. The default UDP port used by it is 5730.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Helppppp  Cheesy
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey.  We'll change your network profile back to Pro to see if that fixes it?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
tazsizemore
Grafter

Hi Kelly
Thanks for the response.
Sorry, could you explain what exactly that means? What is my current network profile? I assume you are referring to my previous package state on the 'gaming' package when I was on standard broadband with a 6mg speed. How will this network profile change affect my current speed of 73mg if at all?
Thanks
Tarik
tazsizemore
Grafter

PS. My previous package had no traffic management, would this be the case also?
Kelly
Hero

You had pro previously which was elevating all unidentified traffic into Titanium.  Now you are on Unlimited, if that game isn't identified properly, the traffic may not be prioritised properly.  Let us know how it is performing now?
Kelly Dorset
tazsizemore
Grafter

Oh Excellent have you amended me back to Pro now then? I will check tonight when it is most affected and come back to you!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

You have been moved over to Pro, was there any difference?
tazsizemore
Grafter

Had a few games last night and did look better guys! Can I test over the next couple of nights and come back to you? Thanks for your quick support on this very much appreciated Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let us know how it performs over the next few days.
Kelly
Hero

We need to get a wireshark of this game if it's performing now you are back on Pro.
Kelly Dorset
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Are you playing Pro Evo on a PC or a console?
flaminmoses
Grafter

pro makes no difference.
i had it and now i dont
still gameing is erratic.
today is terrible.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Hi Guys
So have been testing a lot over the last few days. First thankyou for taking a continued interest in this.
I am finding that performance does drop during 'peak hours' kind of after 6pm and past midnight. During this time, there is some lag although it isn't the classic 'juddering', its more subtle..in terms of passes and reactions of players being much slower than when I am playing it during the day, which is when it performs flawlessly and how I would expect it to on a 60-70mg connection. I have run speedtests during the troubled time and consistently getting 70 plus mg so can see there is no speed throttling going on so that isn't the issue. What do you guys suggest next?
It is on PS3 and the UDP port used I believe is 5730?
I did download and install Wireshark but could only see my PC connection on it and not my PS3 or Sky box connections so struggled to get that running. Any chance of assistance on that and i'd be more than happy to get that data over to you?
Cheers again
PS. Battlefield 3 runs no problem at all during peak times and I noticed it is also on your list of games set to avoid traffic shaping misidentification.