cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Add on - Is it worth it ?

Getho008
Dabbler

Pro Add on - Is it worth it ?

Hi! I'm currently on the plusnet extra package and bought the addon this month to give it ago and see if its any better. It looks good on paper, pretty standard stuff all traffic prioritised etc etc. I have'nt seen a considerable amount of difference tbh. For those who have it/had it, is it worth it? I'm playing a online game (bloodline champions) that is'nt in the list and apparently pro is a gd choice to have if the game is'nt listed because of traffic?
2 REPLIES 2
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Pro Add on - Is it worth it ?

If the game is ping dependant then its worth it, if not then up to you if you use it.  Would say use it if you play FPS's online, otherwise for MMO's and Diablo clones it is not much of a help for the fiver as ping isn't so important.
If you don't use Pro addon, then you might have to get a wireshark capture for the game if it has issues with latency, which PN use to create a profile for the game to go in the correct traffic management.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Pro Add on - Is it worth it ?

Hi Getho008,
As per the suggestion from Gus, we would recommend getting a wireshark capture. Though this would need to be done with the Pro-addon disabled, as you will certainly be getting higher priority if it isn't already detected.
http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
Just because a game is not listed, it does not mean it is not prioritised. Many games use central online gaming engines, that a re common and will thus have the relevant priority.