cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prince of Persia on Steam

techguy
Grafter

Prince of Persia on Steam

I'm giving some serious thought to purchasing this as it looks like my hardware is capable and its one less DVD.
Anyboday bought/played the PC version and what sort of hardware are you running on.
Here's my spec
XP Pro SP3
Pentium D 950 @ 3.4 GHz
Nvidia 7900 GTX
2 GB DDR2 533 MHz
Feedback much appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22
James
Grafter

Re: Prince of Persia on Steam

Doesn't help you much re spec, but I bought the XB version and really enjoyed it.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You should be too busy studying to be playing games.  Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Santiago
Grafter

Yes, get your books out!
techguy
Grafter

Ah but this is for when I'm done
Anyway back on topic.
I had the original 2D DOS version and have the sands of time trilogy so was eagerly awaiting the next instalment.
I might hang on, wait for Alan Wake to come out. buy a 360 with that and PoP as I think AW is a game you must play on a big telly.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Made of money are we - never buy from steam without checking elsewhere first - their prices are usually full retail Amazon price £23.21
James
Grafter

Depends on exchange rate.
You pay in USD.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You are out of date.
UK customers have to pay in pounds and the prices are in pounds.
European customers, even outside the EU, have to pay in Euro's and the nominal exchange rate is 1€ =1$ - there is hell breaking out in the Steam forums about it
techguy
Grafter

Wish I were Jim
To be honest I just saw it on there and thought I'd ask (ubisoft don't seem to provide specs on the site themselves)
As I say, thinking of hanging fire till AW comes out and I shall probably buy a 360.
scootie
Grafter

techguy a man of great taste. dont let adeiwoo convert you Grin
edit= got a spare 20gb xbox looking for new home. gamestation currently offering £55 cash or £80 tradin. was looking to trade in for new microsoft steering wheel but local gamestation hasnt got any in. and if i am forced to take the £55 i would rather sell it direct to some for that price than let them make a profit as there web site is still selling pre owened 20gb xboxs at £120.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'll give you £5.50 for your XBOX as it'll RROD in about 2 days  Wink
I've already tried to persuade techguy about the merits of a PS3 when he was looking for a media server, but hey taste is something you either have or...  Grin
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

all ready has rrod'ed(well didnt rrod just kept freezing up after my crt t.v had died with a bit of bang with the scart still in). got it back from prague a month ago now with new motherboard. but as it happend before crimbo i bought another 60gb xbox(£127) from currys and was lucky they said they had arcades in then after i had paid they didnt have any in stock. hello mister upgrade i said at that point Smiley so had this repaired one spare with unopened mic headset,controler ect
techguy
Grafter

As a general rule of thumb I dont buy hardware of any description second hand so that I have the warranties and what not.
I'm saving my pennies for a 360 Elite with one of the 65 nm "Jasper" CPUs which are said to be less susceptible to overheating which causes a lot of a lot of the Red Ring Of Death cases accoding to what I've read.
As I say, its really Alan Wake thats got me thinking about consoles again and being an MS title its unlikely to appear on the PS3 but the Cell CPU is very interesting though.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I really want to play the real prince of persia now....

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
techguy
Grafter

Used to have this on an old PC that I gave away along with the floppy disks grrrrr