Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports - B3

myth
Grafter

Ports - B3

Battlefield 3
Had this game since last week and been having many a problem with it for the pc. Couldn't get game manager to run at all for 2days, figured was browser plugin for spybot that was blocking browser access to my pc (av apps usually block and isolate these activities). I removed that and 3 out of 5 attempts it takes me to get in to a game that isnt full or times out. I updated all my drivers and punkbuster and still getting disconnected. The only thing left for me to try is to open ports on the router. I came across this post https://help.ea.com/article/online-ports-for-battlefield-3 linked by a EA support and so went to go add them to the router. I noticed game profiles already there, old ones yes. That got me thinking if those were pre-assigned in the factory before being sent to me or do plusnet create gaming profiles and send to the router so customers can just set it to that without having to setup TCP/UDP settings several times. Has anyone done a setup of there ports yet or have any advice on an easy way of doing it?
Thanks
Scott m

*edit
resolved my connection issues with disconnecting, disabled UPnP on my router and have had 4games for an hour without crash so far.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Ports - B3

Hi myth,
Glad you got it sorted, sorry you had to do so without a reply. If there's anything at all we can help with please do post back, us staff are on here weekdays but the community is always around and happy to help or just have a laugh Smiley
myth
Grafter

Cheers matt, can confirm after a week disabling UPnP worked for me. Have no issues now apart from actual game glitches. However my xbox is suffering due to disabling UPnP, NAT comes up as strict now and pain in backside to have to keep switching it everytime. Is it possible to setup UPnP just for the xbox?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)