cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forward help please on a TG585 router

RyanGould
Grafter

I am having problems with my router and setting the correct ports forward. I am pulling my hair out over it!
I have set up the correct Xbox live ports; 53, 80,88,1863,3074 in the game and application centre. I named the application "Xbox live" and assigned it to the Xbox console with a fixed IP address.
No matter what i do i can not get the ports to open, I have tried all sorts and although the ports are assigned to the Xbox to be open they just will not  open. I have used the port forward checker and all i get once ive tested them is this;
IP address; **********************
Ping result; we were not able to ping your router!
Port result; your port is not open or not reachable!
How can I get the ports open and to stay open?
jim:green title changed after spitting off from original thread mod:end
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Re: shocked at the level of poor service i am receiving (phone and broadband)

which router is it?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RyanGould
Grafter

I am having problems with my router and setting the correct ports forward. I am pulling my hair out over it!
I have set up the correct Xbox live ports; 53, 80,88,1863,3074 in the game and application centre. I named the application "Xbox live" and assigned it to the Xbox console with a fixed IP address.
No matter what i do i can not get the ports to open, I have tried all sorts and although the ports are assigned to the Xbox to be open they just will not open. I have used the port forward checker and all i get once ive tested them is this;
IP address; **********************
Ping result; we were not able to ping your router!
Port result; your port is not open or not reachable!
How can I get the ports open and to stay open?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Port forward help please on a TG585 router

Topics merged
RyanGould
Grafter

dvorak;
its a thompson gateway 585 V8.
oldjim; I had no idea what was going on then, my post kept vanishing so i thought there was a problem with my browser. hence the posts and threads
RyanGould
Grafter

Anyone know?
This is driving me insane, why the hell won't it work!
mike360
Grafter

Try This Mate. (Click attachments)
RyanGould
Grafter

I have done all that bud, as I mentioned in my first post.
I have done everything in this guide; http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TG585v8/Xbox_Live_360.htm
Still no joy, I skipped no steps, set up a static IP on the PC and the Xbox if that helps.
RyanGould
Grafter

Problem solved. I have figured out how to get the ports to stay open and I know how to test them too. If you want to know how to set up Xbox live portforwarding in your TG585 v8 feel free to message me.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This link is also helpful: http://community.plus.net/library/gaming/increasing-gaming-compatability-with-the-thomson-tg585v8-xb...
Especially if you're experiencing NAT issues.
Regards,
RyanGould
Grafter

I set that up a while ago using telnet. Thanks anyway.
Since I sorted this out I have had a solid 4 bar connection on any games I have played online and suffered minimal lag (the lag problems I have had have been the lag compensation which is a known fault with the like of cod etc) and the connection speed has not dropped once aswell as having sub 20 millisecond ping times. Hardly any packet loss either, I am really happy with the connection at the moment.