cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding

MichaelMac
Grafter

Re: Port Forwarding

when using wireshark should the PS3 be connected and playing the game to get a reading?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yes.  The wireshark is capturing the packets the PS3 is sending. You need to set up the mirroring on router for your laptop to be able to see the traffic to capture it.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
MichaelMac
Grafter

I take it I have to allow the capture to run for a few minutes also? I'm a newbie to all this so how do I 'mirroring' ?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Chris linked some explanations from his earlier post here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115168.msg993226.html#msg993226
It's not the easiest thing though.  I'll talk to the guys.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Apologies if it's been asked before but are you running the PS3 off a wired or wireless connection?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MichaelMac
Grafter

Wired connection. Been on the phone and having connection monitored shortly Smiley
MichaelMac
Grafter

A little update, since having the upload speed raised its been ok so far. I will continue to keep an eye on it and try and play at peak times too and get some speed test readings too... also, got the new router in the post courtesy of Chris, but it's the same model router as I was already using  Smiley
MichaelMac
Grafter

Update:
STILL Getting disconnected from the game, this is just getting a bit silly now. Thanks for all the help, but i am going to cancel and go elsewhere. Also I will be seeking legal advice as to the charge to come off PlusNet too - £60 I will be charged when the internet that I paid for is NOT capable of gaming in which I got it for.
I won't be paying that either.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorry to hear that it's not been resolved and the issues has come back.
I've made a few adjustments to your line to see if this will help improve things, previously you mentioned that the issue seemed to have gone away otherwise I would have been looking to help you.
Could you let me know if you see any difference when you next try?
MichaelMac
Grafter

Hi Chris,
no difference. Still getting disconnected - I can't see a resolution to the problem anytime soon... Just not capable of gaming by the sounds of it.
Embarrassed
MichaelMac
Grafter

A few more days have passed and no sign of a resolution to this problem. Yet again, I am being disconnected from the lobby in Call of Duty and signed out of the PSN once. I've been kicked out of the lobby three times in a half - hour period. I am just going to give up I think and go elsewhere.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the delayed response, is it still exactly the same as when you first raised this with us?
Would it be possible for you to create a ping graph?
MichaelMac
Grafter

Hi Chris,
yes the same problem. Nothing seems to have worked at all. Will read up on this Ping thing you posted about.
cheers.
MichaelMac
Grafter

I have setup a monitor, now what do I need to do Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you Select 'Share Live Graph' underneath your graph- Copy and paste the code from the 'Large Graph (800x350 px) - HTML Link' box