Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding for PS3

mrtomburke
Dabbler

Port Forwarding for PS3

Hi all
Im quite a novice when it comes to the above
Can anyone help me
I am looking to port forward for my PS3 mainly for fifa 12 (tomorrow) and the new COD MW3
I do not know where to start though
I have set a static IP for my PS3 and this has improved my NAT type from type 3 to type 2
but on fifa 11, I still lose connection
appreciating any/all help
5 REPLIES 5
mwerle
Grafter

Re: Port Forwarding for PS3

G'day,
When you say you've set a static IP for your PS3, do you mean a public IPv4, or just a private static IP in your LAN?
If the former, then the easiest is to just put your PS3 into a 'DMZ', if your router allows it.  That will send any unused ports directly to the PS3.
Secondly you can enable UPnP on your router, which should then autoconfigure whatever your PS3 needs.  There may be security risks associated with this approach though as you can't restrict which clients on your LAN can use UPnP to open ports.
Otherwise, if you want to do it the hard way, the following ports are recommended to be port-forwarded for PS3 games in general:
TCP Ports: 80, 443, 9980-9989, 10000-10500, 42100-42199
UDP Ports: 3659, 6000, 9570, 10500-12500

Exactly how you go about doing either of these things depends on your router though.

Here's a good overview: http://netnix.org/2011/09/06/understanding-ps3-nat/
Hope this helps,
- Micha.
mrtomburke
Dabbler

I want to steer away from the difficult one I think
UPnP is enabled I am pretty sure
I can often connect to an opponent on FIFA but then lose signal practicaly everytime at about 80mins into it
Is it worth getting a net gear router?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, is that with a wired or wireless connection? And are you sure your opponent isn't ragequitting? Smiley
mrtomburke
Dabbler

wireless connection
Cannot do wired due to locations
I am pretty sure its not the opponent as it happens literally everytime even the odd occasion i lose lol , not tried on new fifa yet as internet is restrcited as I have gone over allowance
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just wondering if it's possible that the wireless could be dropping out rather than anything else, as we aren't seeing many connection drops on your logs here.