Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll on ping times on adsl2+ ( 21cn )

scootie
Grafter

Poll on ping times on adsl2+ ( 21cn )

hi gamers and other latency sensitive app users
You may or may not beware of the problems with latency beetween midnight an 1am on the adsl2+ ( 21cn ) trial.
As things stand there still not stable after weeks of plusnet and BTw tweaking stuff.
Its better than when it first started but in my view still not accpectable
So would you move to adsl2+ when its launched if there still not stable when that time comes and instead stick with adsl (the old reliable centrals) or jump ship to enough adsl2+ provider all together
The 2 threads on the issue
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75951.msg609428.html#msg609428
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76521.0.html
and below my pings from tonight at 00.10
and also my pings from before midnight 23.40 -23.42
i bolded the midnight - 1am just make sure it dosent get confused and people think its like this all day Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Poll on ping times on adsl2+ ( 21cn )

I have 2mbit which is fast enough as my gaming pings have nothing to do with my connection speed.  So I don't need a faster connection, so as long my conection remains as stable no need to move to adsl2 or ISP.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
scootie
Grafter

but the current plans gus is to get rid of the central's so even adsl connections will be run on 21cn host link.
its called IPSC and is in trial now.
James
Grafter

It's worth pointing out that this is still a fair way off.
Of course we would also supply ample notice.
AB - We're talking with Network about your latency issues.
scootie
Grafter

ask him if its sunny on his hols  Wink
most isp's would call the pings iam getting normal and not do anything so respect to PN there but as PN can keep pings after midnight the same on centrals i cant see why it can not be done on 21cn. an thats why i like to keep giving PN a poke every now then on the issue.
p.s i must go to the quacks this week to get some pills for this poll fever i seem to have this week
Grff
Grafter

The threads/blogs i've read so far suggest people around the 3-4mb connections won't see much speed increase on ADSL2 anyway, so if latency on adsl2 was worse than the 70ms I get now, then I see no need, or point, in me changing.
I'm not sure about changing ISP, if my connection/gaming got worse I'd consider it.  It's only a 'consider' at this point as +net and other forum users have been really helpful to me in the past.