cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet for GAMING.....not good!

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Plusnet for GAMING.....not good!

Right folks, i have posted before about not being able to play EA games - fifa....bla...bla
But i am getting so sick of this it has to be something at my end?
BBYW Option 3 - 30GB, all gaming traffic prioritised my rear end!!! I am trying to play ANYONE on PS3 Tom Clancy's HAWX. There are games available, i can see them, but every single one i cant connect to. Even if i try 'Quick Play' it just searches forever then times out!
I have rebooted router, tried static IP, opened ports, tried DMZ but to NO avail.
Getting mighty sick of this problem and even if its not Plusnts fault i may very well chooses a different ISP. Has to be someones fault!!!
ANGRY MAN!!
8 REPLIES 8
Tyreal74
Grafter

Re: Plusnet for GAMING.....not good!

It could be HAWX isnt in their traffic list, i playdf the demo just fine though.
i suggest you raise a ticket to get HAWX traffic prioirtised
James
Grafter

Yup - Definitely.
If you could send us a ticket with the relevant port and ip info, we'll certainly check it out.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

There is nothing in the book???
Port & IP info?
James
Grafter

We need to know which "ports" the game runs on, and the ip addresses of the server that they use.
Is there any information on their website? (Would look but about to dash into a meeting!).
scootie
Grafter

connect ps3 to your pc and run wireshark. http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
played the demo on xbl and all was fine but ps3 is slightly more tricky to pick up right.
even thoe i hate the ps3 if plusnet want to buy me one and all new games as there relesed i would be happy to test them for network problems Grin
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Installed wireshark.
Its a big list over ever changing numbers, what am i supposed to do with it ASBO?
scootie
Grafter

have you hooked the ps3 up to your pc so the ps3 can you use the pc's internet connection and in turn wireshark can capture the ps3's traffic.
if you have make sure you dont have any other apps on the pc using bandwidth. run hawk and enter a online match. dont leave wireshark runing to long as the file will be become very large.
look for incoming packets only ie dont look at your ps3's source ip as this hasnt bein over the PN network and will not have the infromation added.
look at a capture i did and your looking for the 0xa0 on incoming packets. if your not geting this then the traffic isnt being picked up as titanium(gaming) and adding the capture to a ticket explaining that ps3 tom clancy hawk isnt being picked up right
the capture gives the network guys all the ports and ip's they need. make sure you send the wireshark file and not just a screen shot like i have added Wink
ITFCdan
Grafter

I joined PN about a month ago on the PRO tariff and never had a problem online with any game , including EA games such as FIFA and FIGHT NIGHT.
I have my ps3 in DMZ , NAT TYPE 2 ,and a netgear router hard wired (ethernet)
I'm as happy as PIG in POO!!!
Lets all laugh at NARWICH lalalalaa.........