cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet and Overwatch (Blizzard)

euanmc
Grafter

Plusnet and Overwatch (Blizzard)

So recently ive been having problems playing Overwatch on PC with Plusnet, ive tried both Technicolor & Hub one router and constantly get 'kicked' from games, ive had open tickets with both plusnet and blizzard and each blame each other for my disconnects. Although people on blizzard are having same problem from all different ISP's / Routers etc.

I decided to try tethering / play from my mobile provider and had no problems playing whatsoever so this is indicating problem is with plusnet. yet they keep saying its on their end. Blizzard kept pointing to my 3rd ping -

| 133.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk - 99 | 273 | 3 | 0 | 23 | 24 | 23 |

which shows 99% packet but they say its battle.net/blizzard

now ive obviously ruled out blizzard being problem.

What do i do next?

8 REPLIES 8
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet and Overwatch (Blizzard)

@euanmc wrote:
What do i do next?

Buy a better router, the standard supplied routers are of the "gets you on the internet" type, for gaming you really do need a good router that can support the bandwidth and speeds required...

I've got a Netgear WNDR4300, not the best out there granted, but compared to the Technicolor routers PN & other ISPs supplied, it does a lot better at online gaming than the cheap routers do as it has more power to it... Smiley

euanmc
Grafter

Yeah my worry was that I buy a new router and its actually plusnet causing most of the problems. I just bought a

Netgear D6400 AC1600 router hoping this will help, dont get it till monday though.

Geldinho
Hooked

I have this exact problem with overwatch. I try a connection test on ps4 and the "NAT" shows as failed.
I got told it was Sony and of course they say it is plusnet.
I went and bought a new router but still the same problem happens. It is fine on my neighbours connection.

I went into plusnet chat again today and they now say they are aware of the problem but no timescales to get sorted. Very annoying.....
euanmc
Grafter

Yeah sadly nothing really fixes this issue, im hoping blizzard sort this out soon as I've just spent £150 on a new router and still hasn't solved the problem.

The joys of passing the blame.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Have you tried port forwarding on your router specificlly for your PS4?

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/publishers/Blizzard_Entertainment.htm

Application TCP Ports UDP Ports
Overwatch 80, 1119, 6113  3724 
Overwatch - PlayStation 4 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480  3478-3479 
Overwatch - Xbox One 53, 80, 3074  53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500 

I am not an expert on internet connection troubleshooting but I do play a lot of games and found that port forwarding helps in a lot of different games that I play. Hope this helps!

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

thezeronumber

Quite a few people in the UK which are having this problem are using PlusNet and have an IP address that starts with 51. Apparently you can call up and ask for this to be changed for a cost of £5 but I don't think we should be paying anything when it's a problem on their end (some people have claimed they got this fee waived because of the issues it has caused).

Might be worth a shot, it's something I will be doing shortly.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Yeah, I am seeing a lot of users on the 51. range having issues - there is a thread here which has got a lot of attention about it. Have you posted in this thread to let the community team know that you're affected? It might help to make a post there so they are aware that you're affected by the same issue.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

euanmc
Grafter

After just calling Plusnet, they are aware of this problem and as you stated it is with the block of IP's beginning with 51.**

They have told me they have a team working on this, and all they can suggest is changing dynamic dns. Either that or chancing your luck by turning router off for 65mins to be presented with new IP addresses. If worst comes to worse pay £5 for dynamic IP (they were giving these out free but seemingly only got about 500 or so left so have been informed not to give out for free.)