cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet One Hub Firmware Update/Rejecting connection?

Qunite
Hooked

Plusnet One Hub Firmware Update/Rejecting connection?

Hello, I currently have the plusnet one hub and my internet speed etc has been great but my main game "world of warcraft" is having issues.

Basically while in game when I try to connect to another server "realm hopping" it sometimes rejects the connection.

I have been in contact with their support team running basic diagnostics etc and they eventually got me to run a WinMTR test to check my packets etc.

They advised me to update my firmware for the router. 

I will attach a screenshot of the response at the bottom.

So I logged into my admin panel and it says:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 02/11/17

Is this my latest version? And if so is there anything else I can do to try resolve this issue based on the info I have been given from the customer service and with plusnet?

ps: I have disabled windows firewall, no antivirus installed currently and added game permission in the router firewall in the admin access.

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Plusnet One Hub Firmware Update/Rejecting connection?

Try changing the dns settings on your device; unfortunately you can't amend on the PN supplied router, as is locked.
Change to Google's:
Does that assist?Huh
Qunite
Hooked

Changed it, will let you know the results within the next 48 hours since the block only happens if I happen to connect to a specific server which I don't always since its 1/3 chance.

If this works though thanks and I will mark your response as an answer just to confirm it.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

The firmware your router is using is the latest one so that shouldn't be causing issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
skunknste
Dabbler

I am also having this issue, sometimes i can't get through character select or instancing.  I am hoping to cancel my contract as i am not getting a service i have paid for.  I signed up a month ago and immediately regretting the decision.

Google, youtube, netflix etc all work fine apart from World of Warcraft.  There  are numerous posts about it on Blizzards forums.

I have tried googles DNS server and its the same story.  It appears to happen after 1900.

I have no problems with BT or 4G network. So its the router or PN.

Heres a thread here : https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620032000

Dahnak
Dabbler

I am a wow player and use plusnet fibre, but i use my own router (TP-Link), i also have a static IP address setup.

just posting in case this helps figure out what the issue is.

Darren

Qunite
Hooked

Unfortunately changing to google dns did not fix it.

This issue must be a case of specific servers are blocked or something like that because I have been playing on the wow beta which I believe is just 1 server and the ping is always over 130 so its definitely a different server to what I usually play on and have no issues.

Even on the main game I can go a whole day sometimes with no issues so there must be a few servers that the router has issues connecting too.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

The World of Warcraft beta is only hosted on North America servers. Both NA and EU players play on the same servers. I assume that your connection is fine when connecting to your usual realms?

Qunite
Hooked

Yes initially logging in to my main realm is fine its literally when the realm hop kicks in so when entering an instance I am guessing it tries putting me into a different server which is why its random when it does not work.

I can not confirm it but for example the last time this happened I was in an arena and when I pressed leave arena to go back to my realm it timed out then kicked me to the character page and I have to restart my router to get back in game.

This example makes me think it might be something else because I could not even enter the game on my main character which was trying to connect to my main server.

It is definitely not my connection I literally get my full speed internet which I am happy with and always sitting on 13 ping in game.

Qunite
Hooked

Is there anything else I can do because I am at a loss right now.

Also I been playing quite a bit of the Beta and it did the instance aborted: no instance found issue once so it appears to be doing it on there too.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
Moved to gaming from router
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Qunite

I've made a change with the way your connection routes across our network by adding a static IP address.

Can you let us know how the Beta goes from this point on? If the problem is fixed moving forward can you also let us know?

As we'd need to investigate further as ideally the change I've done is more of a workaround.

Thanks

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
skunknste
Dabbler

Can i get a static IP too please Gandalf ?

I'm having similar issues with instancing in WoW.

Heres my Blizz post : https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620212283#post-3

It seem like a static IP has fixed many plusnet issues.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@skunknste, to narrow down where the problem lies, I've done that for you now.

Can you let us know how it goes please?

@Qunite, have you had a chance to test this out yet?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
skunknste
Dabbler

Cheers, iv had no issues since. I will update you in a weeks time as it was intermittent.