cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub-One (Fibre Router) - More than one Console?

chrisgray1980
Dabbler

Plusnet Hub-One (Fibre Router) - More than one Console?

Hi All
Today i had the Hub-One installed and hooked up to unlimited Fibre.
I have been looking in to Port forwarding, DMZ, etc but it would seem these are specific to one static IP only! or can you have one on DMZ and one on port forwarding?
The router does have UPnP but all you can do is select it which it was as default, there are no further options? do i assume that having two Xboxone connected at the same time will be OK and they will be stable? both are mainly used for playing COD Black Ops III, i notice these have different ports to xboxlive. is there any way to set up this router to remove NAT strict on both consoles at the same time?
If not am i looking at a more advanced router? (i am fed up of the kids moanning about lag when playing online!!)
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Chris 
2 REPLIES 2
legume
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Hub-One (Fibre Router) - More than one Console?

I don't have a hub one so can't say what they are like.
I do have 3 sometimes 4 xbones with BO3 - but getting open nat was tricky for BO3 (I use a linux PC as a router).
I am surprised that the hub one with upnp didn't get the xbones themselves open nat.  If you gave the ones static addressed that could be it. as they may not try to use upnp unless they are getting an address by DHCP.
The trouble with port forwarding + dmz is that though it's sort of possible with some routers I don't think it will help you in this case as the way the consoles and BO3 work will still fail/you don't know what ports to forward.
As for lag - this should be unrelated to nat status, with BO3 you usually get on "real" servers some closer/better than others.
I have no idea what routers would get you open nat on BO3 - the xboxes IMO should easily get open nat, maybe BO3 will be at best moderate (or one open, one moderate)  on many routers.
If you have given static IPs to the xbones and/or been messing with hub settings I would change  things back, enable upnp then  with xbones off save settings and reboot the hub one, then see if both ones have open nat.
Since the hub ones are new to plusnet (though are just like BT home hub 5As AFAIK) there could be some issue with them WRT upnp that needs looking into.
legume
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Hub-One (Fibre Router) - More than one Console?

Hmm, after a quick search it does seem that HH5s upnp doesn't work well for multiple consoles 😞
It was just a random old thread I was reading though, I don't know if current/plusnet HH5s/Hub Ones have different firmware.
https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Xbox-one-moderate-NAT-on-Homehub-5/td-p/1109194