Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Gaming Night - Saturday 5th October

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Plusnet Gaming Night - Saturday 5th October

Hi all,
Anyone fancy taking part in an online gaming night?
This is online only so done from the comfort of your own home. It's taking place on Saturday 5th October, aiming to start around 3pm so please be online for then (if not a little bit before).
Teamspeak server details and the steam chat group will be posted closer to the time.
If you like the sound of this (details below) please register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2FTRJ7W - thanks very much.

THE TOURNAMENT(S)
We're aiming for 32 people to take part so we can have a knockout tournament in BF3 with 8x 4 man teams, infantry only conquest on the smaller maps. I personally like Seine Crossing and would rather keep it to the one map for consistency but if people want to play a different map please advise and we'll see.
Team wise it'd be best to split people up randomly, that'll be done next week when we've more of an idea about attendance - but the winning team will get £160 of amazon vouchers, second place £100 and third place £40 plus trophies and medals - photos to come.
The Challenge PN tournament will be done on F1 2012, there's a max of 16 people per race in that so there'll probably be 3 or 4 races over the course of the evening - for the sake of time, we'll go for 25% races with a one-shot qualifying so pit stops and tyre changes are mandatory. Assists will be allowed if desired. "I BEAT PLUSNET!" T-shirts for the winners (assuming of course that you manage to beat us :D), the track can be decided by the people in the lobby prior to the race however the final will be held at Silverstone (of course).
So the evening will go as follows:
Meet online at least 15 mins before time – draw knock-out names and F1 race people (or leagues).

BF3 – First round of knockout games (4 matches, we should have two servers so fun games can be going on at the same time as these).

Interval for F1 race One.

BF3 – Semi finals (2 matches)

Interval for F1 Race Two

BF3 Playoff for 3rd and 4th place

Interval for F1 Race Final

BF3 Final
Hope that sounds good to everyone? PN players may well take part in the BF3 games but depends on spaces, of course they'll not be eligible for the prizes (sob).
As well as that we'll try to keep the following fun games going on at the time:
Half-life 2 Deathmatch - http://store.steampowered.com/app/320 £2.99 at the moment Smiley
Trackmania Nations (it's the free one so everyone can take part) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/11020/
Minecraft - https://minecraft.net/
If you like the sound of it please sign up via our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2FTRJ7W
Thanks all, see you Saturday!
Also, just to reassure you regarding the prizes:
<a href="http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/10/02/fantastic-prizes-on-offer-in-plusnets-online-gaming-tournament/></a>
44 REPLIES 44
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet Gaming Night - Saturday 5th October

Ill play BF3 and maybe some hl2dm altho ill have to re download that one, sounds fun great idea guys Smiley ( if we dont have voice comms you can use my Teamspeak 3 server for the whole day/night ). just give me a shout Wink
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

count me in for a few rounds of BF  Cool
Ps its the only game i have  Crazy
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

Great idea Matt, unfortunately though, the only game I have on my PC is ARMA 3, so if this turns into a regular thing, then I will be ok for BF4.
flaminmoses
Grafter

how about some fifa.
where we can all lag to victory.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Please keep this on topic for the gaming night, I'll ask the moderators to remove any posts not about it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Agree Chris , its a fun night not for moaning  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

Also I will be getting F1 2013 so watch out on corners because I am the last of the late breakers  Roll_eyes
carbz

Count me in for Battlefield 3 and Left 4 Dead 2.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sigh, was really hoping I'd be on day shifts so I could join in the action Sad - Sadly I'm on 2pm to 11pm Cry
carbz

I'm sure we will be going all night long haha.
ScottStorey
Pro

Think I will be picking up F1 as well. Have already got the rest of the games, except minecraft.
I don't think I ever use brakes in racing games.... I prefer the crash into the side of my opponent and let them slow me down style of game play.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Quote from: Scott
I prefer the crash into the side of my opponent and let them slow me down style of game play.

I approve of this XD
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

haha If only I was allowed beer and chips i'd be up for it, (my game play improves when my ability to see is impaired) unfortunately both of those things are out of the picture for a few more months at least, and coco just doesn't add the same stayawake effect .....

then again whilst I own and have played a few of those games its been more than 2 years ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Normally I wouldn't, but as this is an informal sort of thread...