Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Gaming Night - Details

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Plusnet Gaming Night - Details

Hi all,
Many thanks for signing up to the Plusnet gaming night!
Teamspeak Server
First things first - we've got a Teamspeak 3 server for the event - please be online for 3pm at the latest. The IP is 84.92.39.84 and you should have received the password in the email we sent to the address you signed up with. Please do use Push To Talk, you can configure which button to use in the teamspeak 3 options on the Hotkeys page.
Battlefield 3
The Battlefield 3 matches will be kicked off as soon after 3 as possible, hope everyone's alright with random teams - we're hoping to be able to mix up people of differing abilities so it's more even.
The gametype is infantry only conquest (conquest small on the BF3 multiplayer browser) with a choice of three maps to be decided by the teams prior to the match - Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar or Metro, just in case you want to get some practice in Smiley Standard rules so one match is played as two rounds, each team playing as both the US and RU sides and the remaining tickets from both rounds added up for the final score. The team with the most tickets remaining after both rounds will win. One of the volunteers will be there to spectate and get screenshots of the scores at the end of each round.
The BF3 server is available in the browser, named 'Plusnet Gaming BF3 Competition Server' - just remove all your ticks from the boxes and put Plusnet in the name filter box and you should find it.
F1 2012
This will be done as a custom multiplayer race, most likely set up by Chris - in order to keep it to competition players it'll need to be invite only, so hope you're happy to add a few new Steam buddies Smiley
The locations will depend on the number of participants but we would like to hold the final at Silverstone (of course) - again, if anyone wants to get some practice in.
The rest of the games will be done on a more ad-hoc informal basis though we will have a TrackMania server set up courtesy of Martin Herring - many thanks Martin! That'll be on the same IP as the Teamspeak server above, on port 9001.
TL;DR:
Teamspeak 3 - 84.92.39.84, please use PTT.
BF3 - Random teams of 4, inf only conquest small on Seine, Bazaar or Metro.
F1 2012 - final at Silverstone.
Trackmania - server on same IP as TS3.
Thanks very much everyone, really looking forward to this - catch you this afternoon!
24 REPLIES 24
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet Gaming Night - Details

Right, the BF3 teams have been assigned:
Alpha
jonnybigbananna
BillyAB
Reesty
Rokai
Bravo
UKSte
RBob
Coxy
skutdeath
Delta
PN #1
PN #2
PN #3
PN #4
Apologies, I'd included Biscuithead and danceresort even though they hadn't expressed interest in BF3 - now removed but please let me know if you guys are up for this and I'll put you back in.
Tournament can be viewed at http://challonge.com/pnbf3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

For those interested in the F1 race(s), please make sure you add Leviaxxan to your steam friends - that's Chris on here, he'll be sorting things out racewise.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

And message me to let me know you want to be in the race(s). If I don't get a message from you, I'll assume you don't want to race!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Good Luck everyone!!
Hope you all get some screenshots of the awesome kills and stuff Smiley
horrorxpunk

Guys signed up for BF3 tournament via email but not received any information yet can you double check. origin ID is horrorxpunk and email is horrorpunk@hotgrillz.net 😉
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just emailed you, sorry about that!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

First match is now over, with Team Alpha delivering a sound thrashing to Delta: 185 - 0, well done guys.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Alpha take their second match as well, storming into the lead. 196 - 0.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

And Team Bravo take second place after the most EPIC of epic battles, at least for the first round. What a comeback. 149 - 0.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

And the F1 - a cracking race. As per screenshot, the order of finishing:
1. Leviaxxan (our own Chris Parr!)
2. Biscuithead
3. yerbro (yours truly)
4. Matt_2k34 (go Matt!)
5. ProfLiebstrom (your QAce.... yeah I'll get my coat)
6. Reesty (a brave effort sir. Shame about the disqualification.)
Video on youtube soon Smiley
Biscuithead

Thanks to all at plusnet  Cheesy
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

On behalf of myself and Rbob,Skutdeath,Coxy thanks for a great evening. We will be very much intrested in any future gaming events, good games to everyone tonight.
BillyAB
Hooked

Yeah, Thanks to everyone that helped make this happen tonight Smiley It was great fun Cheesy
Rokai

Just like to say thanks to all involved yesterday, I had great fun.
Hopefully we'll see more gaming events in the future  Smiley