Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - A ping odyssey

neil3045
Grafter

Re: Plusnet - A ping odyssey

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.224.138] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.224.138: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=121
Reply from 212.58.224.138: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=121
Reply from 212.58.224.138: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=121
Reply from 212.58.224.138: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=121
Ping statistics for 212.58.224.138:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 17ms
Cheesy
KaotiK
Grafter

mines been better, just the odd ping spike now and again but not staying high all night at least. I wonder if i should finnally get interleaving turned off, i never bothered cuz was always worried it would bugger up my connection and get me d/c all the time ::s
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Glad to hear things are looking up guys. We've a lot of work scheduled over the coming days that should improve the situation even further all being well.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bonmeggie
Dabbler

Gotta admit it has been better lately, and its good that people can give criticism on a public basis without them censoring it etc, gotta applaud Plusnet for that.
neil3045
Grafter

Quote from: KaotiK
mines been better, just the odd ping spike now and again but not staying high all night at least. I wonder if i should finnally get interleaving turned off, i never bothered cuz was always worried it would [Censored] up my connection and get me d/c all the time ::s

Do it mate you wont regret it made a big difference to my ping! Talking high 20's /low 30's down to stable 17 - 19 only hope it keeps going! And you can always get it turned back on?  Undecided
andymurdoch
Grafter

i did say credit where credits due, but again tonight - its all over the place for me ; (
andymurdoch
Grafter

following on from that, tried hopping gateways, and gained a hop along the way somewhere, equally as bad.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Last night does seem to have been poorer than the previous days for a number of people, it's worth keeping in mind that there were Microsoft updates yesterday and Mozilla released the new version of Thunderbird which will have added extra traffic to the network.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
it's worth keeping in mind that there were Microsoft updates yesterday....

It completely destroyed my internet connection @ midnight, couldn't connect to psn for the next 40 minutes.
andymurdoch
Grafter

I was hoping i wouldnt have to revive this thread but my god plusnet.....
what
on
earth????
Take a look below, was ok last night after hopping around gateways for a while... then today..... tried 2 different gateways so far and still looking (see screenshots).
Lagometer in quakelive, contant ramps, over and over again, no other computers on in my house at all : /
andymurdoch
Grafter

well, initally imagined it was just me having problems but looks like others are too.... you were decent again for all of a month plusnet, anyone wanna let us know whats going on?Huh
I cant even be arsed to take screenshots and the like at the mo, suffice to say its been appalling both last night and tonight.
borz666

Sad Well I've a been a customer now for 9 months and I'm sick of getting crap pings after 5pm. I phone the help line, then get told its my router and then its BT's fault.
Well, explain then when I have a day off and play online (counterstrike) during the day my pings are fantastic???????
I DON'T THINK SO!!!!
This week I've had one night with a reasonably playable 55ms
These are going to be a long 3 months
Chris
andymurdoch
Grafter

wasters.....
tonight its okish in the uk, but 3 different gateways and the competition server im supposed to be playing on is utter shite in .de - spike spike spike spike spike and solid 80 ping....
last week when you had one of your rare 'better' days it was 30ish to the very same server.
Is anyone from plusnet even able to comment on this rediculous performance, day after day people whine about this, at least last year the staff had the courtousy to say its being looked in to Sad
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Sort it out plusnet, maybe time to go to small claims court soon for failure to supply a contracted service.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Slu
tonight its okish in the uk, but 3 different gateways and the competition server im supposed to be playing on is utter [Censored] in .de - spike spike spike spike spike and solid 80 ping....

Have you tried wireshark capturing your gaming traffic just to make sure it is getting classified correctly?
Is anyone from plusnet even able to comment on this rediculous performance, day after day people whine about this, at least last year the staff had the courtousy to say its being looked in to Sad

Where have we said it isn't being looked into? Presumably you've been keeping tabs on this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵