cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - A ping odyssey

andymurdoch
Grafter

Plusnet - A ping odyssey

My intention is to basically start this thread off as almost like a blog, just a way to record how things are when problems arrise, seems pointless me pasting rubbish in to other peoples threads and highjacking them,  so here it goes......
Weds 25 Nov, 17:00pm - quakelive to .de - diabolocal jitter
Feel free to contribute although its almost as much for my reference as anything else
41 REPLIES 41
andymurdoch
Grafter

Re: Plusnet - A ping odyssey

Jumping gateways... 5 mins later and things are different again
KaotiK
Grafter

well, 7:30pm.. ping jumps to 400 - 500 on world of warcraft for the millionth day. great.
dungeonmstr
Dabbler

19:30 - 21:00 MW2 is unplayable. Given up trying.
It's great how instead of looking forward to playing when I have a couple of free hours, I dread even trying because I know I'll spend the whole time getting furious and wondering how to word my next rage tweet to @Plusnet.
dungeonmstr
Dabbler

Just the same all of this morning.
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Quote from: KaotiK
well, 7:30pm.. ping jumps to 400 - 500 on world of warcraft for the millionth day. great.

Was same for me last night mate, worst night I have had for playing WoW from any ISP.
dungeonmstr
Dabbler

It was pretty bad yesterday late afternoon and evening.
neil3045
Grafter

Im sure things will pick up soon after an awful few weeks for PN? And to top it off they had a hardware fault on there PCL-AG02 gateway friday. Besides the order on my line should be complete this weekend so it has to get better!  Grin
dungeonmstr
Dabbler

Here we go again. Midnight Sunday night (Monday morning) hits and so do the ping spikes. I've noticed this for several weeks now, and nobody can say it's peak time.
andymurdoch
Grafter

I havent had the opportunity to check mine over the weekend as my mrs usually puts an end to any gaming when shes stayin over ; )
Hopefully, things might be a little more stable tonight, going to post some results here regardless me thinks whether good or bad
dungeonmstr
Dabbler

It's been good for me at all the different times of day I've tried today. Hopefully it will remain the same for the evening gamers.
neil3045
Grafter

Well my plusnet connection went live today and so far all I can say is wow. From 6 this evening until now, a solid 4 bars on mw2 and the missus was on youtube same time throughout and it didnt intefere with me once!
andymurdoch
Grafter

Quote from: dungeonmstr
It's been good for me at all the different times of day I've tried today. Hopefully it will remain the same for the evening gamers.

Credit where credit's due - i didnt have any problems last night either, i ment to do a trace to see what gateway i was using but got caught up with the gaming while my connection was playing nice : )
On a different note, spotted this on the tube on the way home last night, made me chuckle
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Quote from: Slu
Quote from: dungeonmstr

Credit where credit's due - i didnt have any problems last night either, i ment to do a trace to see what gateway i was using but got caught up with the gaming while my connection was playing nice : )
On a different note, spotted this on the tube on the way home last night, made me chuckle

Yeah mine was pretty good last night to, hopefuly it will stay this way.
dungeonmstr
Dabbler

Good again for me this evening. I wonder if it had anything to do with the virtual routing changes mentioned earlier today? Time will tell.