cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Pro PS3 Noob Question

warren87uk

PlusNet Pro PS3 Noob Question

Hi Guys
I've just ordered plusnet pro, mainly for online gaming with the ps3. I play fifa and Call of duty, Does anyone have any experience with this package and these games, Ive previously been with Virgin Media and it was a nightmare.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Euge
Grafter

Re: PlusNet Pro PS3 Noob Question

Hi Warren
I'm currently on plusnet pro and gaming is absolutel fine. I've never noticed any ping spikes or lag in call of duty. I don't know about fifa as that has issues of it's own because it's an EA game and EA are world renowned for terrible servers.
Since all the traffic for gaming is prioritised, therefore no throttling, the only let down would be at your end with a poor quality line or faulty router that kind of thing.
scootie
Grafter

have no fear richard branson isnt here  Grin
euge summed it up well.
But i dont think ea servers are quite as bad as what euge makes out but then again he has to connect to them with a ps3 ( asbo runs an hides  Smiley ) fifa tho is a right pig so ive heard which only ea can hold the hands up to
warren87uk

haha cool thanks!
I look forward to the changeover which takes place on Monday.
Yeah I know I usually get disconnected from FIFA occasionally as there servers are rubbish!
It was an absolute nightmare trying to play online gaming with virgin. They knew the problem was with the ping rates but couldnt do anything about it "as they stated they dont guarantee low ping rates" I asked for interleaving to be switched off which they declined. Which meant I was only able to play COD after 12pm which as you know is unsociable hours.
Love the sound of the plusnet Pro package, cant wait to test it out  Cheesy