cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, unable to access Playstation store

wipeoutmaster87
Dabbler

Please help, unable to access Playstation store

All i'm getting is a blank screen. the store worked fine a few days ago, and it was the new one too. was enjoying the new look of it. came to use it last night and get nothing but a black screen and the ps3 crashes. i've looked everywhere online and can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. i know nothing about routers so i daren't mess around with any settings without being helped to do it correctly. i know its gotta be some compatibility issue between my routers and the new store (the engineer installed two as we have just moved here and signed up to fibre optic,  apparently this requires the use of both routers) i've checked with family and friends that have other ISPs and theirs all work fine, so i'm left wondering if this is just an issue with the plusnet router I have. please help! i've been without a ps3 for over 2 years and now this happens, i cant download wipeout it's the only game i really play Sad thank you in advance
jim:red All caps removed from title as per Forum Rule mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Please help, unable to access Playstation store

Buy a PC & play  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
wipeoutmaster87
Dabbler

-_-" if you can show me how to play wipeout HD & Fury on pc, then i just might. until then, the ps3 is my preferred choice. i barely play any other games, the ps3 was a gift ages ago, and wipeout is only ten quid for the full bundle. an absolute steal. just a shame this is occurring. perhaps its just all down to the new store being corrupt, though im unsure on that one because i have found barely anything after a lot of searching for others experiencing this issue atm Sad any serious responses much appreciated. i've tried accessing it by hooking up the ps3 to two other isps at friends houses and have the exact same issue
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

After accepting the small (26MB) download I went into the 'new look' store and browsed around ok.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
wipeoutmaster87
Dabbler

-_-" i'm really blagged by this, it worked fine 4/5 days ago. i can;t understand what would have changed..
mxs
Grafter

Try a system update just in case you are not on the latest firmware (4.31 at time of writing) - not sure when the update was but mine had a new one earlier today (and used the new ps store prior to that). 
The PS3 checks for new firmware any time you turn it on but due to caching of the 'web page' it checks for the version sometimes new versions can take a while to be seen - the manual check seems to force the page to refresh and update the cache.    Not sure what caches it but I assume it may be the cleanfeed system or accelerator proxies somewhere along the line.
PS. Store is working fine here at the moment.
wipeoutmaster87
Dabbler

Figured out the problem. Enabled my ps3's ip in the routers dmz area. Id resorted to making a US account and getting wipeout from that. Got an old school ps1 game aswel but that kept getting an error despite wipeout downloaing fine. I looked up the error and after several different fix attempts the one that worked was the dmz fix. Figured I would try the store again and it worked fine without issue. Thankyou anyway mxs I was planning on trying your suggstion afterwards if the dmz thing failed I just figured the firmware wasn't an issue since nobody else was experiencing my exact same issue when our firmware matched. Anyway, problem solved!!