cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please guys dont buy product from EA

roberto2212
Grafter

Please guys dont buy product from EA

Players who have problem with lag please sell this game like Fifa 16.Plusnet advisor said that EA dont like UK.Problem with servers.So if you set static ip,open all game ports there will be still lag or if you put ip to dmz or if you turn on/off UpnP...no change...SO BE AWARE DONT BUY PRODUCT FROM EA COMPANY.
20 REPLIES 20
roberto2212
Grafter

Re: Please guys dont buy product from EA

Answer from chat 23.11.2016 7.15 am est
Dan S: I would only be able to say EA don't like the UK. The lines here might be different then what they have abroad as well
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

"EA don't like the UK" must be one of the least useful things I've heard from a Plusnet employee.
According to the end of this rather long thread, which I did not read all of, at least one person managed to solve their problem by switching to another ISP.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy.Plusnet advisor said that EA dont like UK. 
WTF
So BF4 is dodgy on PN fibre because EA games dont like the UK
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
roberto2212
Grafter

I dont know i playing nhl 16 and fifa 16 but all the time laging...from uk to us servers is still problems.
roberto2212
Grafter

trust me...I'm already trying to change another provider like sky,bt,virgin but result is same.Only if you have lucky in some day get better connections.For me is maybe one day in week.I m tested it.
legume
Rising Star

Quote from: rongtw
Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy.Plusnet advisor said that EA dont like UK. 
WTF
So BF4 is dodgy on PN fibre because EA games dont like the UK

Well BF4 is OK on PC - but then I get to choose what servers I connect to 🙂
Consoles can be a pain XBOne with BO3 put us on one in America the other day that was "fun".
Usually Ireland/Amsterdam though and they are OK.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Ive never really had an issues playing games made by EA, either the advisor got mixed up or he/she has no idea Smiley
spluff

ive had many issues with Fifa for a few years....  with BT Infinity...  (80/20)
Im moving to PlusNet - hope that Fifa will be better Smiley
roberto2212
Grafter

Already fixed...finally...fifa 16,nhl 16 ps4 worked excellent..tested for 3 days, no in-game lag..Im so happy..won 1 divission without problem.Need good settings for router.
Mathias
Grafter

Care to share a few more details of what you changed to fix your issue, so that others may benefit from the experience?
JIO22
Grafter

JIO22
Grafter

This is total rubbish - "EA doesn't like the UK".  Total nonsense.
The reply above referring to the long thread, was my thread about FIFA issues.  I had lots of issues back then, and personally moving ISP's was great for me and it solved my problems.

I will say now EA and it's development of FIFA has hit lots and lots of users with "laggy" type problems.  Your ISP could be at fault, but also NOW with FIFA 16  EA also are at fault and contributing to these issues and need to address certain issues within FIFA 16 FUT.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

you know that ea's origin system is the actual cause of the problems, everyone in the world has to connect to the origin server in the US via a local relay to verify its a genuine copy of the game, then they allow the connection to the game server(s) via a separate anti cheat relay, its that that injects lag into the games which are more pronounced the further the chosen relay is from the game server, and to make it worse they use some strange packet protocols in an attempt to prevent common cheat programs from working, those protocols are often slowed on the backhaul as p2p traffic (in line with BT's traffic management policy on non ftp file sharing) certain isp's suffer less to these problems because they use a different encapsulation method, well strictly speaking its the peer points that slow down the traffic to ensure everything flows through faster, so its not uncommon for a 90ms delay to appear at isp>backhaul or backhaul >L3 for instance (in some cases the delays can be longer) which means that it is a dual problem of UK networking policy and games companies (its not just EA that has this problem) failure to generate correct localised versions for the games
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
CL01
Grafter

In my opinion I don't think we should be giving EA money in the first place. The battlefield series is OK, but I personally prefer CS:GO (But its still better than COD). I didn't really like the Star-Wars game. It just felt like a skin for BF and tbh, I think the Battlefront 1 and 2 will always be the best. Fifa was good until they introduced UT with micro-transactions all over the show and they plain ruined the SimCity game. I grew up with SimCity on the PS1 and the fact they turned the series into one of the worst games I know is appalling. Every since FIFA 13 and SimCity, I have never seen the appeal of any of their games.