Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add Supreme Commander 2 to Defined Games List

nethlyn
Dabbler

Please add Supreme Commander 2 to Defined Games List

Hi Plusnet
The original of this game is in your list.
The new one out as of last March uses Steam for all its general making a new game, but when you actually get in the game properly, it's all peer-to-peer between the machines.
Does Plusnet have a blocker/auto cutout for p2p traffic, even if you put Steam into the Router's hardware firewall profile? So far the other three games I have that use Steam don't have the same problem as at least one of them uses a server browser as normal rather than linking between machines. I was moved to (what I was told was) the 60Gb download tariff from 9th November but had problems on this game before that.
So please add this game - currently I allowed it in the Windows Firewall as well for Public as well as private networks, and it still has pings of up to 2500 even before I try to start the game. Hopefully a place on the list will solve it.
5 REPLIES 5
weelis

Re: Please add Supreme Commander 2 to Defined Games List

OK, that's spooky, I was just about to post something similar... nethlyn is actually the guy I was playing against!
I've since tried playing with someone else (not on plus.net) and encountered similar problems.
nethlyn
Dabbler

Shocked
Yes that is wierd, since there can't be two of the same people on Steam it must have been you (and me), but your Steam name's clearly different to here  Smiley
Hopefully the addition is just a formality but just to clear up a few things I was doing that caused my problems;
1) Turning off my modem at night - and the one night I didn't, DLM cut me off anyway at the same time I'd turn it off myself
2) Recent change of package without a move to ADSL2+, I'll edit in with the link to the other thread where Oldjim gave me the direct link to the info they needed.
[EDIT] here it is;  
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90699.0.html
Click on the link in Oldjim's second post, when you login to your router that should take you straight to the relevant info screen, which you can copy and paste in the Broadband forum for them to look at.
weelis

I like to keep folks guessing 😉
Cheers
Chris/Bob/fatbob/fattybob/pcgfatbob/weelis....
dcm1234

Hi,
Just wondering if you are still having problems with supreme commander 2?
I recently moved to plus net and am having an awful time trying to play. Played today fine, but then in the evening its awful.
I assume its to do with the traffic shaping I have come across.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
  Will this problem fix itself if it gets added the this defined games list?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Are people still having problems? Anybody fancy submitting a Wireshark Capture.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵